Chapter 3

The next morning I dragged myself out of bed. I got ready for work. And drove to my job, I walked to my desk, and looked over my paperwork for the day. I had several calls to make, it was a busy day. I stayed so busy that time just seemed to fly. After work, I went home and put some meatloaf in the microwave, I ate and took a bath 

After my bath, I wrapped my towel around myself, and headed to my room. I put on my night clothes and grabbed the remote. I turned on the TV and relaxed back on my pillows. I was about to doze off, when I heard a strange humming sound. I knew that sound, it was a sound I'd never forget. It was them, the aliens, I knew it was. Then the walls started to vibrate. And everything became silent. I couldn't breathe I was so scared. I sat up, I was shaking.

I sat there a while, and nothing. This was different, last time i heard that sound, aliens came into  my room. I decided that maybe it was just an airplane, and I was just being paranoid. I felt stupid, I freaked myself out. It must of been just my imagination getting the best of me. I laid back down, I saw it was nine o'clock. I watched TV until I feel asleep.

Later, I woke to someone knocking at my front door. I jumped up and fumbled with my cell to check the time. It was eleven o'clock. The knocking was strange, the rhythm wasn't what you'd normally hear, there was a long pause bewteen each knock. My heart started to race, the knocking was a little creepy. I felt afraid, who'd be knocking at this time of night. Better question who'd be knocking so creepy-like. I put my robe on and went to take a look. I looked out a side window. I saw what looked like a girl or young women. She was wearing clothes that looked like the 1950s. A black dress, very retro. with bobby socks and penny loafers. Very strange.

I thought what is going on, why is she at my door? And why so late? The real question was why was she dressed like a girl form the 1950s, I knew I didn't believe in time travel. However, truth can be stranger than fiction. Then it occured to me that she seemed in some sort of trouble.

"Are you okay?" I asked the young girl.

"Moooom" She managed to say.

I had no idea what in the world that meant. So I thought maybe she was drunk, or she had a speech problem. I tried to help figure out what she meant.

"Did you say Mom, I really can't understand you, is there something wrong?" I carefully asked.

There was an uncomfortable long pause. Maybe she was trying to think about what I said. Maybe she was just confused.

"Is there something wrong, um is there something wrong with your Mom, Mother or somebody?" I asked softly.

"Yes, wroong." She spoke slowly as if it was hard to speak.

I felt it would be okay to open the door. I opened the door hoping to offer some type of help. Hopefully, I could help her and her Mother if there was a problem. She walked in, and stood in front of me. I was stunned, when I saw her face. She had dark hair, and silver bluish eyes. I somehow knew this was her, the baby they took from me. I felt fear mixed with awe. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Her features were so interesting. She had big pretty eyes, and small pouting lips. Her human features seemed to dominate, but with closer observation you could tell she wasn't all human. 

Her skin was a lighter shade of grey than her alien family. She was very much an alien, with very strong human features. She communicated to me who she was, without speaking. I was amazed that she communicated telepathically. I understood what Mason was talking about now. It still freaked me the hell out. 

"This Mother home" She asked her eyes searching mine.

"Yes its my home." I told her.

"I daugher." She told me pointing to herself.