Chapter 6

Next Morning I got up and called my job. I told them I had a family issue. I called up the high school and made up some lame story. That I was taking care of my daughter for the rest of the year, and her records would be coming in the mail. I lied telling them the school couldn"t fax over her records because their fax machine was not working. The school secretary was cool with everything. She had me come up and fill out a lot of forms and told me they could wait for everything else. I told her I couldnt find her shot records but that the school would fax those too. To my surprise they were okay with that too. I knew this crazy lie would not last forever, I would have to think of something soon but I figured as fast as Lin learns, she'll learn everything in a week tops.  

I took Lin shopping for clothes, I got all the new fashions kids her age were wearing. and I got her some nice boots. her eyes were going to be a problem, I was a bit worried. They were a little larger and a weird color. Worse case senerio they'd call her an alien. They'd never believe she was a real alien. I think, I hoped anyway.

"Lin, tell the kids at school that you wear contacts. If they ask why your eyes are large tell them that you were born with an enlargement. Okay" 

"Okay Mom but there not gonna ask me that." she smiled.

"How do you know?" 

"Mom!!" she whined.

"Wow alien kids are no different than human hm." 

"Mom!!" 

"Okay Okay.." 

We stopped and ate lunch, then I called my Mom and Dad told them I was in the beginning stages of adopting a teenage girl named Lin, they were of course excited. so I stopped by to let them meet her. I wanted to see how they'd react to her. We drove over, we walked up to the door. Mom answered the door, Lin smiled and went over and gave Mom a hug. Then Dad joined in. We had a family hug. It was a blessing to have sweet parents like mine. I knew they would embrace her. I just wanted to see if they'd notice her features. I think they were so excited they could care less what she looked like. Mom and Dad went to the pet store and purchased a kitty. Dad said it was getting to quiet in the house. Lin played with the kitty, she loved it. We had a wonderful time. On the way home we felt happy and excited. I think Lin was in awe of that little kitty.

"We dont have kittys on my world." Lin stated.

"What no animals?" I said shocked.

"Not one." Lin said sadly.

"I find that very hard to believe?" I told her.

"Why?" 

"I dont know, I associate animals as part of a world like plants, people, animals it all goes together in my mind. I guess thats because its like that here."

"Their so beautiful, its the most interesting thing I've ever seen." Lin said.

I couldn't help myself I went to the nearest pet store and let her pick out her very own kitten. She picked out a cute black and white kitty. We purchased food, toys, litter box. everything you can imagine for this sweet little creature. On the way home, she looked at the kitty, then looked at me. I saw the look of love. I felt a warm feeling come over me, I really felt like her Mother for the first time,  in a real normal human way and it felt wonderful. At that moment she was my daughter and would be forever. We carried all kittys things into the house, Lin had the kitty in her arms. Once in the house Lin put kitty down on the floor. I went to make dinner. 

"Lin you know we have group tonight?" I reminded her nicely.

"I know." she smlied.

"Good its very important." I told her.