Chapter 7

Blair's POV

Oh, my God. Harry caught me completely off guard. But I loved every second of it. His lips were so soft, his hands gentle. Running my hands through his hair was like touching a cloud. I felt him smile through it, and soon I was, too. Wow. I was in such a trance that all I could do was laugh when the boys came in. But despite all the happiness I feel right now, my mind kept wandering back to Alex's text. Unfinished business? Maybe I should have just let him have his way. But how can I make love to someone I don't love? If it were Harry....oh. I don't know if I love Harry or not. If this kind of thing were based on looks, Harry and I would have been there and back. His charming green eyes, his dazzling smile, adorable dimples, and perfect hair are enough to convince any girl. But it is so much more than that. The only reason I slept with James is because I loved him, and I swore up and down he loved me too. Maybe he did. But I don't even care anymore. This is my new life. Call me a wimp, but I'm genuinely afraid of Alex. Harry and Louis won't always heroically come to my rescue. But you know what? To hell with Alex Winsor. He's not gonna ruin anything else for me. No ma'am. Not in this lifetime.

"Well boys, I don't know about the rest of you, but I have to get home. See you lads Monday", Niall says.

"Yeah, I've gotta bounce before my mum has a fit", says Liam.

"I oughta be getting home, too", continues Zayn.

"Yeah, and you're my ride. Bye, lovebirds", Louis winks.

"Whatever, Lou. See you around", I say, gently punching him in the shoulder and hugging him. And with that, they're gone.

"And then there were two", Harry smiles.

"I had a great time, Harry. The guys are great, really. I hope Stella can make it", I say genuinely.

"I'm glad I could make you feel even a little better. You really deserved it. He made you feel like right shit", Harry says. I noticed he didn't even say Alex's name.

"All that aside, where do we stand, Harry?", I ask.

"Good question. I honestly don't know. Kissing you...I couldn't control myself. You were so close to me, looking so beautiful. I want to stay friends, because I know that you have a hard time trusting people...", he trails off.

"I appreciate that, really. It's been a while since someone took my feelings into consideration", I tell him.

"Really? Do you want to talk about it?", he asks gently while draping his arm around me.

"The last time I felt like someone really cared was that night with James. He was being so romantic. He was constantly telling me how beautiful I looked, when looking back on it I was wearing some skimpy lingerie. He had just recently told me he loved me, and I loved him too. And I thought, 'what better way to show him?'. You know, since it's called 'making love' and all. I regret it, to be honest. I told my mom and she was dissapointed. But I can't take it back. I wish I could, Harry", I finish, my face buried in his chest.

"It's okay. None of us are judging you for that. You're safe here", he says, pulling me close.

Harry, where have you been all my life?

Harry's POV

As much as it pained me to tell her that I wanted to stay friends, I knew she wasn't ready for another relationship, especially after what just happened with Windsor. She was just so perfect. I was happy just holding her here, if I'm honest. I'm trying to figure out just how I'm going to take care (side note-Take Care came on right when I wrote this line!) of Windsor. I swear if he even looks at her again he will regret the day he was born. I hope I can protect her.