Chapter 3

Harry's POV

Why the hell is Alex Windsor here? And why is he claiming to be here because of Blair? I know I don't have room to be jealous because we're not together, but it's still pissing me off.

"If you weren't invited you have no right to be here", I say, trying to keep cool.

"Ah yes, but I wasn't told not to come. And I'm pretty sure you have enough manners not to kick me out in the presence of your beautiful girlfriend", he says, nodding to Blair.

"We're not dating", Blair and I say at the same time. But I wish we were.

"Suit yourselves. Unless someone kicks me out, I'm not leaving", he says.

"It's my house and it's my party and I don't want you here. I'd advise you to leave", I say.

"I'll leave when I want. And since you two aren't together, can I have this dance, Blair?", he asks.

"Uh, sure", she says uneasily.

They go off and he holds her close, swaying gently to Amazed by Lonestar. Who the hell put that on? It doesn't matter; she's smiling. That means at this moment in time he is making her happier than I can. And that is not okay.

Blair's POV

Alex is an amazing dancer! And so sweet. At first I wasn't buying the whole Rico Suave act. But things are different. By the end of the night, we're chatting and laughing like old friends. He  ends the night with a sweet kiss on the cheek. I'm wandering around the house, helping Harry clean up.

"So, erm, you and Alex?", he asks.

"What about me and Alex?", I ask in return.

"He seemed...smitten with you. And I saw him kiss you on the cheek", he says.

"As far as I'm concerned, we're friends. I don't make the first move", I tell him.

"Are you interested?", Harry asks, raising his eyebrow at me.

"No. Maybe. I don't know", I say honestly.

"He is", he says.

"If he is, he can tell me himself. I have a hard enough time trusting people, anyway", I confess.

"Can I ask why?", he asks gently.

"It's a long story", I say.

"I have time and you live next door. Time is not an object", he tells me.

"Okay. I don't know where to begin, so bear with me", I sigh.

"Go ahead, love", he says, taking my hand.

"Okay. So the last few weeks in LA were complete and utter hell. First, my boyfriend, James, was cheating on me. We had been together for two years, and I found out he had been doing it for six months. He told me that he loved me, and like the stupid, naive girl I am, I believed him. And I slept with him. I trusted Stella with it, and she kept my secret. The other friend I told, Gabby, who had been friends with me since we were in the playpen, told everyone. It turns out she had been telling all my secrets to Charlotte, the one I spilled milk on. Charlotte was also the one James cheated with. She told everyone I slept with her boyfriend, when he was mine first. Of course, her word over mine. All my "friends" except Stella believed her. So I got called a slut. A whore. A cunt. A homewrecker.  People began thinking I was easy. Jerks kept trying to get me to sleep with them. I never did, but it somehow got around that I did. The only person I really trusted and believed was Stella. She's the only one in LA that I miss", I finish, choking up a bit.