Chapter sixteen

Okay,I have no idea how I feel about this chapter. But, I think It needed to be added since i dedicated two chapters to Aiden, I felt like Sterling deserved one.

On another note, Sterling is nothing like Aiden. He is more of the nerves, shy one. Plus, if you are confused on his feelings for Mia, I will tell you that he likes her.

As much as Mia likes him? That's for you to decide. All you really need to know is that he likes her.

More of Mia and the humor of the story will be the next chapter. I seriously love writing Mia <3 Okay, that over, here it is<3

PS: I edited the last chapter, but this one isn't edited. (:

                  -NickyMb <3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

( STERLING POV )

“A friend date.”

I see Mason hold up a hand and I can see his mind work over what I just told him. He wipes a hand over his sweaty forehead. He looks at me again for the second time that night. The same look he gave me earlier, as if I was mentally insane.

“Let me get this right. You asked my sister on a date.

“A friend date, “ I comment back to him, almost cringing at the mere thought of it.

I can’t believe I blew it. I had it out; I finally asked her out and then I had to say the F word.

I should have told her that yeah, it was a date, but I couldn’t do it. I choked up like a wimp and decided to go down the friendship road.

I guess the fear was from how many times in the past I have been rejected. No one wants to date the freak with no parents and with the scar.

   That was what most saw me as and I was afraid that if I mentioned that I wanted it to be a date Mia would have backed out.

Mason starts to twirl the drum sticks in his hand while looking up at his ceiling. “I still can’t believe this.  You and my sister. Dude, how long have you liked her?”

“Who said I liked her?” I shoot over my shoulder but even I could hear the false hood in those words. Of course I liked her. What wasn’t there to like?

   She was funny, independent, and she didn’t take crap from anyone. I admired her honesty and I loved how she never judged anyone before getting to know them.

I have known Mia almost all my life and I have always known these great things about her. I hear Mason bring in a breath through his teeth at my lying.

“Right, you don’t like her. So this whole friend thing is really just a friend thing?”

“Shut up. “ I snap at him and he starts to laugh.

Yeah, let him laugh. While I was trying to win this girl, he would forever be stuck in his room with his drum sticks and dirty socks.

“So, what are you going to wear on this friend date?” I stand up off the bed and shoot him a look over my shoulder.

“Do you have to be such a dick?” I ask him, running my hands through my hair.

 I never usually snapped at Mason, I could usually handle his teasing and immaturity, but my nerves were so high that I would have snapped at anything.