Letter To My Friend Dylan

This is a letter to my best friend, Dylan. He's also one of my ex boyfriends, but he and I are really close.

Dear Dylan,

Gosh, it's been so long since I actually called you by your name. I have been calling you 'Dilly' and 'Dillypop' for so long that it feels weird calling you by your name.

You are nice, you are smart, and you are a really great friend. You are truly wonderful. I don't think you are told that often enough, I don't think you hear about how wonderful you are. Do you know how special you are?

Honestly, there's no one like you. Not a single person out of billions of people on this planet is as tightly bound to me as you are. You're so patient because you put up with me, my irritating habits, and my insecurities every single day--and are always there for me even if I try to push you away. Countless times, you have made me smile, made me laugh, and been there for me on many dark nights when I needed a friend. Our messages wouldn't make sense to anyone else, even our conversations look crazy to people passing by. I can tell you absolutely anything and everything, and I know you will listen. I can cry over the same boy night after night after night, and you will be there to tell me that everything is gonna be okay. You never once shut me out or left me to fight on my own. I can tell you the same story four times, and you will laugh every single time I tell it. You know me inside and out, and for someone to know everything about me and still love me, they must be a truly wonderful person.

I know I don't say this often enough but I am so very lucky and grateful to have met you and to have you as a friend. You are worth more than all the money in the world, I wouldn't trade you for anything, no amount of money could ever take your place. And because you are so wonderful, amazing, and unfailing as a friend to me, I can promise you this:

I will always be here for you, no matter what. You could never do anything to lose me or to make me go away, I will always be here whether you like it or not. I will always be there for you through everything. I will stand up for you when others try to knock you down because they can't see your brilliance. Because you are my best friend, you are practically my brother, and I love you to death. And nothing could ever change that.

Even though we disagree sometimes, you are still one of my best friends. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. Without you in my life, I would be a complete and total mess. You are not afraid to stand up for yourself and you always fight for what's right. No matter where you are or what you do, I want to support you through everything.

Thanks for putting up with me and being the best big brother I could ever ask for.

Love,

Jenn