"Dill pickle, huh?" He laughs.

"Eavesdropping, huh?" I chuckle back.

"Anyone can hear his obnoxious laugh from a mile away."

My face falls a bit. "His laugh isn't obnoxious."

"He clearly thinks yours is." He states with sudden sass.

I start getting a little defensive. "How much of our conversation did you hear?"

"I heard all of the conversations. Not just the one with Darren." He's being a shit. He's knows Dylan's name is Dylan.

"Dylan. And what the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I say correction, challenge and annoyance very evident in my small yet loud and strong voice.

"What's the deal with you? You pretend to be someone you aren't anymore, and you never even wanted to breathe the same oxygen as me and now after one conversation you voluntary come up to me to talk to me instead of Darren, Dymetry, Dylan whatever the fuck his name is."

I was shocked. Hemmings? An attitude? No freaking way. I don't know what to say. No one stands up to me. Especially not people like Hemmings. The voice comes crawling back.

"I'm sorry. You're just worth more than pretending, Amelia."

"What did you just call me?" Suddenly, I am emotionless.

"Stop pretending."

"I asked you a question." I say feeling my lungs fill up. Amelia. There is one you. Stop. Stop pretending. Stop pretending.

"Amelia Rochelle Cobalt. Age 14. Who would want that?" He states as if it's a slogan. I could tell it hurts him despite his solid tone.

Tears stung my eyes. How does he? Why does he? What's he trying to do? Bring me down? Show people who I am now? How does he know? He knows my name and somehow my story. I can't open my mouth to ask him, to yell at him, I don't even have the strength to pull his hand away from my cheek where he swipes the tears off as tears of his own come into his eyes. His primary coloured eyes which made me feel safe 10 seconds ago until they ricocheted into a deep void of my secrets.

"That changes a person, even someone as strong as you." He says with his shaky voice. I still couldn't speak. I could barely comprehend anything around me.

-

I can't tell her to stop pretending when I am doing the same. I know what she's been through and I know how it changed her because I changed her. How can I live with myself when I wake up every morning wishing I could change it. My mistake lead to her misery. For a selfish reason. Yet, the reason still swings full circle and goes back to her. My selfish reason was her.

-
Amelia- "industrious, striving, defender."
Rochelle- "small like a rock."
Cobalt- used as a synonym for blue. "The chemical element of a atomic number 27, a hard silvery-white magnetic metal. Short for Cobalt Blue."

I never understood how all 3 of my names not only be different from each other, but have so many different meaning within itself. I am a defender by no doubt, but what the hell does that have to do with industrious and striving? And yeah I may be as small as a rock but guess what? Rocks are strong as hell. And how on God's green earth does a chemical element and metal have to do with the colour blue? I never understood it and that made me feel like I didn't understand myself. So when I ran away and went to the orphanage/foster care, I said my name is Amber Rose Cobalt. Amber Rose because that has the same initials {A.R} and Cobalt because it was my dad's last name, so when people where to look for me, it would be my mom and they wouldn't suspect I'm her kid because our last names aren't the same. Even though my mother herself would know, she wouldn't understand the Amber Rose. So I left my last name despite how much I hated it.

My dad left when I was 4. My mom never told me why so I just never found out. I never got along with my mom. We always fought because she was a very selfish person. She had no consideration for me because she favoured my brothers. They were athletic, smart and looked just like her. Meaning they were heartthrobs and heart breakers. I started to believe that's why my dad left. He couldn't deal with her and saw how she played favourites. I remember one thing and that was "I'm coming back for her. ONLY HER." My mom was not gonna let him come back for me. Not because she wanted me, but because that means he won. She packed up and into the minivan we go, to a new town, new home, new life. I ran away. I found an orphanage near by once I was 12. 8 years and my dad couldn't find me because my mom packed our life up. So at the orphanage I made sure I had my dad's last name in hopes he will still come. My mom came in one day. Asked for Amelia Rochelle but my fake name helped and fooled her. Ever since, heard nothing of her. I know, selfish because everyone in the orphanage had an abusive past or passed on parents and I'm there because I wanted to be. Oh well.

I was exactly like I am now. Outspoken. Confident. Popular. Until one day the Liz and Andy Hemmings walked in. They saw a lot of kids in hopes to find a daughter. From what I over heard, they had 3 sons and wanted a baby girl. I was one of the kids they were with that day. They loved me. Said I would be a great addition to the family. The next day though, I thought they were coming to pick me up and sign a bunch of papers but instead they picked up this 6 year old girl named Gabriella. That's when all of it changed. No one wanted a 14 year old like me right? My family didn't care about me, my dad may not even being trying to look for me and even total strangers didn't want me. I was emotionally in a bad state.

I then got enrolled into Davenforth Prep(totally got that from teen wolf. Lol) a couple months before the whole Hemmings family thing. I decided to just continue being the old me because if I changed, I would be asked why I changed and I would have to explain my rejection and I would be seen as weak for letting that change me. The majority of people don't know that I live in an orphanage and I'd like to keep it that way.

I didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize that this 'Hemmings' happens to be one of the 3 sons. And yet again, the primary colours make every colour of the spectrum.