Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

The next day things went by normally. Well as normal as it can get in a prison. Jay and I were bitching at each other, wanting to rip out each others' throat. Which I'm glad, since that was how it should be. It was easier if I had enemies rather then friends in prison, as twisted as that may sound.

In a place like this you don't want friends. If you make friends in here, then they will expect something out of your friendship later on. Something that will most likely land you right back here.

Once..............if I get out of here, then I want to have a fresh start. I don't want to be who I am. Not after I get out. Then again, if I got out it would be hard to have a fresh start. Your past always has a way of haunting you until the end. No matter how hard you try to erase it from your mind. It's always there, no matter what you do.

“How's it going, sweetheart?” Jay asks as he sits down in front of me at lunch.

“What the hell do you think you're doing?” I asked him.

“Sitting, eating lunch.” he says, taking a bite of his apple.

“I guess I have to dumb it down. What the hell do you think you're doing sitting with me?”

“I didn't want to see my darling roomie be put back in solitary, so I thought I'd help her out and keep the big nasties away from her.” he says with a wink.

“If you're going to keep away the big nasties, then why are you still here?”

He chuckles out of amusement. “'Cause I'm not a big nasty.”

I shrugged. “I dunno, you look like a big nasty STD if you ask me.”

A man chuckles as he sits down. “This bitch has a mouth on her.”

“And this bitch can kick you ass.” I snap at him.

He holds his hands up in surrender. “Chill. I'm just here for Jay. I'm Wallace by the way.” He waits a moment. “Aren't you going to tell me your name?”

“Not even if hell froze over.” I said. Then I took a bite of a chip.

Wallace and Jay started to whisper about something. I didn't really pay attention to what they were saying. I preoccupied with shoving my food down my throat as fast as I could so that I can return to my cell and have somewhat peace and quiet. With Jay there that's almost impossible. If I knocked him out though..............

A single whispered word brought me out of my thoughts. Escape.

“What was that?” I ask them.

They looked up at me, surprised that I had heard that. “Nothing.” they insisted.

“Yeah, bullshit.” I said, crossing my arms over my chest. “I guess I can report you guys to the guards for a price. Hmmm, that sounds nice. Who knows, they might even let me out early.”

“I doubt that that would happen.” Wallace scoffs. “Besides, they are more likely to believe Jay over you. He keeps to himself, whereas you got into a fight on your first day here. Congratulations, you are the least likely one they'll believe.”

“Douche.” I muttered, rolling my eyes. I turned to Jay. “Now either let me in or I'll tell.”