Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Jay's Point of View:

“Dude, what the hell?!?!” I snapped at Wallace quietly, not wanting to wake up Chris.

“Psh,” he scoffs. “It's not like it's not true. You like her. I was just putting things into motion.”

“Into motion! I don't want a relationship right now.” I reminded him.

My brother shook his head. “That's where you're wrong, bro. I can see it clear as day that you want to marry that girl.”

“You know as well as I do that I don't believe in marriage.”

“Unless it comes to a former blonde murderer.” Wallace says in an annoying sing-song voice. “You want her in your bed every night, riding your-”

“I don't like her!” I growled, cutting him off. “She is my friend.”

“Friend with benefits.” He mutters.

I reached forward, gripping his shoulder. “I'm pretty sure that your fiance will want children so I would watch what you say if I were you, because I can make sure that you have no one to pass your stupidity onto.”

That shut him and Clyde up. I really didn't want to talk about it. The last time I had a fiance, she ended up dead. Not to mention I ended up in jail and her brothers are after me. Valerie isn't someone you can get over easily. She had that smile that would light up any room that she was in. The curves that would make your dick harder at the thought of it. Every time she would flip her hair I just wanted to kiss her until she quit teasing, even if she hadn't meant to be a tease. It wasn't hard to fall in love with Valerie. Practically every man she met fell madly in love with her.

I remember when I had first met her.

Bodies grinded against one another. The smell of sweat and sexuality filled the air. The dim lights and hypnotic music were putting your animalistic instincts into over drive. Desire filled up the air, intoxicating you.

A young woman walked into the room with two friends. Her dark brown curls cascaded down her thin figure. A white dress clung to each curve, leaving too much to imagine. A blinding white smile appeared as she laughed at something one of her friends said to her. Her mocha skin looked as if it would taste like caramel. A single red flower had been placed into her dark waves.

Damnnnnn.” muttered men surrounding me when they caught a glimpse of this angel on Earth.

I knew right then and there that I wanted her. I could see her walking down the isle towards me. I wanted to see her plump with our third kid. She made me want things I had never wanted before.

I made my way over to her, gently tapping on her shoulder. She spun on her heels to face me. For a moment she started to fall backwards, but I quickly grabbed her waist steadying her. “Hello.”

Hi.” she giggles, looking up at me with these big brown eyes. “Can I help you, mister?”

Yes, you may. I was wondering if you would dance with me.”

She gave me a peck on the lips. “No.”

I shook my head, escaping the memory. Funny how a couple of years can change everything. Now instead of her on my shoulder, I have Chris. Which, in a way, isn't a bad trade off.

Chris is smart, funny, feisty, and can defend herself. Not to mention she doesn't have a clue who exactly I am, which is refreshing. If she knew who I was, she wouldn't talk to me the way she does. She would be too scared to. Then again, I don't think she would be. She is Chris, after all. Something as easy as a Mafia boy wouldn't scare her off that easily.

Valerie and Chris would have been trouble if they had known each other. Chris would have taught Val so much bad things that I would definitely be paying the price for. I could almost see the two of them, conspiring in hushed whispers as they glanced at me, giggling. Then again I could also see Val slapping Chris for making out with me.

That's definitely something I wouldn't change. I miss Val more than anything, but I do love the way that Chris kisses. It's like she throws every emotion she can hold into her lips as she brings out so much passion. It is incredible.

My Val could kiss though. She knew little tricks like biting your lip when you least expect it. Not to mention she was a bit wild when it came to the bedroom. She was willing to try anything, any where, at any time. Public or private. Open or closed. Morning or afternoon. That's just who she was. And I loved her for that.