13: Stress

The days went by, and Addy only grew happier. Although she spent a lot of her time with Bill, Georg, and Gustav, she spent most of it with Tom.  The only thing that mattered to Addy was that she was with him. Soon enough though, Addy began to get stressed. It was July 27th, and her team had lost 4 games so far. They currently ranked 9 out of 12.

Addy kicked the hotel wall and grunted. She just came off the field for practice and she was out of breath and sweating. At first, she kind of wished she'd be able to go home. Now, she wanted nothing more than to stay here as long as she could. She was tired, so she slumped down on the same wall and sat there, until Jac came and led her away.

"Don't worry, hun. I can see how stressed you are about this, but honestly, I think we have a good chance of beating the other team tomorrow. None of us are going home anytime soon."

They entered their room, and Addy only grunted in reply. She was trying to spend as much time with Tom as she could before she left, so she showered and called him to tell him she was coming over. He didn't sound surprised at her spontaneity anymore – he had gotten used to it. She put down the phone, and with her towel still wrapped around her, she pulled some clothing out of her closet and walked to the bathroom to change. She dry-shampooed her hair quickly, swiped on some mascara and pulled on her clothes. She was wearing indigo skinny jeans, a loose, white, rayon tank tied at the back with a knot in the middle that exposed more than half her back, a heather grey sports bra underneath it, and she was going to pull on her flat, black, up-to-the-knee boots. She normally hated wearing sports bras with her outfits, but it made the outfit seem decent, and it was dainty - unlike the big, fat ones, this one had skinny straps. She stepped out, grabbed her leopard-print tote and was going to pull on her boots when Jac made a comment.

"Whoa, are you planning to lose your 'virginity' to him or something?" She made quotation marks with her hands when she said that. "You barely look legal enough to go out in public."

"Wellllll…someone borrowed the tank I usually wear under this, and didn't give it back. There's no way I could cover up more than this. Besides, Tom won't care." She shrugged.

Jac muttered something unintelligible under her breath and smirked.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing."

"Humph."

Addy finished zipping her boots before pulling on her favourite teal beret and heading out the door. She found it easier to take public transit than to walk, and she arrived at the Kaulitz house soon after. After walking a few steps, she bounded up the stairs and knocked on the door. She was greeted by Tom and then immediately tackled him into a hug. He gave her a quick peck on the lips before shifting his arms around her and closing the door. When he pried her away, he got the chance to look her up and down. His eyes scanned the length of her body before he began wiggling his eyebrows up and down in a suggestive manner. She just rolled her eyes and laughed, then sauntered into the kitchen.

"Oh! Jellooooooo!" She squealed. "Can I have some?"

He laughed. "Yeah, take as much as you want. Bill made it. Or tried to at least…"

She smiled at him, took a plate, shoved some Jell-O onto it, and jumped onto a counter to eat it. He leaned against the counter beside her. They talked for awhile, Addy with her mouth full, before she set it down and Tom went to stand in front of her, so that their faces were level. They both leaned in for a kiss and Addy wrapped her arms around his neck while he wrapped his arms around her waist and placed his hands on her bare back. Addy felt her back tingling, so she let out a soft giggle into Tom's lips. She smiled up at him and began walking towards the living room before he had a chance to respond.

She sprawled out on the couch and flipped on the TV; although, she didn't have the slightest intention of watching anything that was on. Tom followed closely behind her and set himself on the empty seat to her left. He gave her a sideways glance before trying to follow whatever Fred Flintstone was talking about on the screen.

She sighed. She had to get this over with sometime. "Tom?"

"Yeah?" He didn't divert his eyes from the TV.

"I might be leaving soon."

He turned to look at her now with his full attention. "What? I thought you were here for another month."

"My team is near the bottom of the rankings. If we lose another game, we might be sent home. There are teams here that have only lost about three games." She started biting her lip, and Tom leaned in to hug and comfort her. "I know we've been dating less than a month, but I really like you, and I don't want to leave." She was scared this would frighten him and make her seem clingy when she said it, but Tom just hugged her closer and replied. "I really like you, too. It would be so weird without you here. I really don't want you to leave, either. But then why did you say you were leaving later in august?"

"That was when we were still high in the rankings. If we were in the top twelve then we could stay 'till August 30th."

"Oh." Was all he could manage. His eyes widened at what Addy said sunk in.

For the rest of the night, they sat like that. Talking softly and treasuring the time they had left together. When it was time to leave, Addy just gave Tom a sad kiss and hung her head, turning in the direction of the bus stop.