11: She's Somethin' Else

Everything seemed to move faster when Addy knew she was going to see Tom. It's as if the world hated her, but couldn't find a way for her to die. She knew she was starting to have feelings for Tom. She tried pushing them away, but they always came back. She was scared this was going to be another Paul situation. She always had her guard up now.

Addy rushed down the stairs and through the lobby. When she approached the big doors to the outside, Tom was already there, holding one open for her.

"Why are you rushing so much? You're fifteen minutes early…"

Addy scowled. "You're fifteen minutes early, too." Then her face softened up and she jumped into the passenger seat of Tom's car.

The ride there seemed awkward to Addy, if nothing else. Tom kept asking random questions about her favourite animals and her favourite colours. Sometimes he threw in questions about her childhood, too. She was just a little too relieved when they arrived at his house, and jumped out of her seat too quickly. Tom was already on her side of the car, steadying her.

"It seems every time that I fall, you're always there to catch me." So a double meaning.

"I think I have to be. God only knows what would happen to you otherwise." He was smirking.

When they reached the door, Addy was confused.

"This is your house?" She peered closer at the simple, brick house. It was clean and well-made. It was smaller than her house back in Canada, but it was still pretty big. It wasn't a cookie-cutter house, either. Which Addy was thankful for. She hated those kinds of houses.

"Yeah…There isn't anything wrong with it is there?"

"No…I was just expecting something else." Like a huge mansion with gold lions.

"Oh." He knew what she was thinking. "It's not much, but then again it feels like home. Besides, when we go on tour we don't even need a house." He laughed because she was still running her eyes up and down what she saw before her. "Maybe we should come inside." He ushered her through the door and she was instantly met with the timid hellos of Gustav and Georg, whilst Bill scooped her up in a bear hug. They didn't even stand there for a moment before Addy ran to the T.V. and started screaming about the Nintendo Wii sitting under it. She loved playing the games on Wii, and the guys weren't ones to argue. They were relieved that they didn't have to do particularly girly things and pretty soon they were taking turns playing some cow game.

By about 4:00pm everyone had warmed up to each other. Even Gustav and Georg seemed comfortable around Addy now. She figured how amazing bonding over video games was, especially since they all felt like close friends now, even though she didn't talk to Gustav and Georg very much before today.

"Georg, can I smell your hair?"

Georg looked slightly surprised, but he motioned for Addy that it was okay. She came over and took a big whiff.

"AHA! I knew it!" Addy looked triumphant. "Pantene." She was smiling to herself.

The guys started laughing, and she laughed right along.

Tom had realized he finished all his Cola, so he reached out and pulled the one Addy was just about to open out of her hands.

"Hey!" She said it with a smile on her face, though.

She tried reaching over, but Tom was too far away. She sat up and walked over to him but he stood up and began to walk back.

"How much do you want this soda?"

"Enough to kill you by tickling."

Tom began to run down the hall and Addy chased after him. He ran into his bedroom but Addy was close behind, so he sat in the middle of the bed, holding his Coke can close behind his back.