3: The Rush

On the two-hour bus ride, Addy spent all her time looking out her window and listening to music. Occasionally, she would whip out her sketchbook and draw something that interested her.

"Eeeek! Oh my gawd Addy, that's so pretty!"

As Addy turned from her sketchbook to the window, she sighed. She saw nothing but large buildings, hotels and store-lined streets.

"Not outside, Addy! I meant what's in your sketchbook is pretty!"

Addy looked down, embarrassed. Even though this was her best friend, she still felt uncomfortable when people complimented her. She never knew what to say back.

Addy let out a small "thank you" while Jac laughed.

"Ladies. Ladies! Calm down and stop talking. I'm going to run you through what we have to do once we get off this bus. Stay close until you get your rooms, I'm not going to baby-sit you." Coach Kelly boomed.

That's what Adelanja loved about her coach. She didn't want to baby-sit, so the team often got a lot of freedom when they travelled. She smiled to herself while she thought of everything she was going to do on this trip.

* * * * *

As it turned out, the hotel was a pretty nice place. All the soccer teams from other countries would be staying there, so by the time the Wolverines got there, it was crazy - and packed. Addy would be sharing a room with Jac and two other girls named Monica and Rachel. They all got along pretty well on the team, so their group worked out. As soon as all four opened the door and claimed beds, they were immediately called down to the lobby so they could go over last-minute things.

"Now, I'm, being pretty lenient here. You have to be in the building between 12am and 8am – more so for sleep than anything else. I know, I know. You're all either seventeen or eighteen, but those are the rules I'm setting. You have two chances. Yes two. After that, you're sent home. Now, I'm going to hand back the release forms each of your parents signed and the items enclosed. This will allow you to leave the building outside the curfew for the specified reasons only. And, only if we don't have a game the next day. Everybody got that? Okay. Maria, Rebecca, Jaconda…Jaconda?"

"She's not here yet, miss."

"Oh…I see. Someone take this for her. Alex, Adelanja…"

Addy got her form back. It let her leave for the Tokio Hotel concert happening in a week, and that was about it. Her parents didn't even know there was a form - she forged their signatures.

* * * * *

"Ugh, ugh, UGH! What the hell? There's a game right after the concert! AHH!" Jac began to hyperventilate.

"Jac, calm down, let me check that." Addy looked down at the ticket dates and then to the game schedule. "Aha! There it is. I knew it. Look, that game's been changed to the week after because three of the team members caught pneumonia! Coach told us, remember?" Sure enough, the Italy team was scratched out and relocated to the following week on each of their schedules.

"Why didn't mine say that? Huh?"

"You weren't there, remember? You were in the bathroom, fixing your hair for the bell boy."

Jac let out a harrumph and went back to sorting out her clothes.

* * * * *

The week went by so fast, it was almost a blur. When they got to the hotel, they had dinner and then a mini girl's-night-in inside their room. After that, they had the weekend to explore their area. They got so familiar with it that it felt as if they'd been there for months. After that, they had a practice on Monday, a game on Tuesday, a guided tour on Wednesday, a practice then a game on Thursday, and a practice on the morning of the concert.

Addy and Jac were so excited, that they finished earlier than everyone else, on account of their ants-in-their-pants-like behaviour. It wasn't much, just by about 15 min., but it still gave them that extra time to go out and get some fresh air before the 10:00pm concert.

Arrangements had been made with Coach on how to get to and fro. Some girls from other soccer teams were going as well, so they all decided to get together in a large car because there were only six of them in total. They were in their own little world, and Addy wouldn't have been surprised if they weren't even aware of anyone else around them.

The time went by agonizingly slow as they waited to arrive at the huge concert hall. Once they did though, there must've already been about two-thousand girls there. Addy had forgotten how big these guys were in Germany, and by the look on Jac's face, she didn't even know. And with that in mind, they shifted through the line of screaming fan girls and ended up 2 rows behind the stage in the standing area. With Addy being so tall, she had no trouble seeing, Jac on the other hand was just a bit peeved. Adelanja reached into her little, blue, monkey backpack and pulled out a small Tarepanda notebook. She mapped out the quickest route to the bathroom and then ripped it out and handed it to Jac. She duplicated it, and then stuffed the notebook back in her bag. Some people around her gave her weird looks, but Addy just smirked. They would find out why it was best for her to be away from them later on into the night.