4: Intuition

Everything went by pretty smoothly for the most part. Addy laughed when she heard the concert ended at 12:30am. But now, she was just tired. She was screaming and singing along with everyone until now. She felt queasy and gross. She checked her watch. It was 12:09. She forced herself to stay just until it ended, but two minutes later her throat began to sting and her stomach churned. She waited two more minutes until she darted off in the direction of the bathroom, while tying her hair up and holding herself in, simultaneously.

This happened every time she went to a concert; ever since she was 13. She went with Jac, and then halfway through she ran out and into the bathroom, and then stayed there for two hours. She got better as things went along. Now she could handle more than ¾ of a concert. While neither girl was sure why it happened, things began to fall into a routine. When Jac would arrive at a concert, she would always expect to be left after a while. So things happened like this: Addy would draw a quick map to the nearest bathroom and give it to Jac, while she had a separate copy for herself. Once she got queasy, she would run to the bathroom. Jac would finish up the concert herself. When it was done, she would go and meet the band as if she were there alone from the start. After that, she would go meet up with Addy and stay with her for a while until she was ready to go home.

Now, Adelanja didn't know exactly how long she had been in the bathroom. She couldn't think straight, her eyes were watering, and she was clutching on to the edge of a toilet for dear life. She was also tired and couldn't move unless someone carried her. At that moment, Jac walked in.

"Dear, Lord. I swear, there were so many girls trying to get autographs that they were pressed up against this huge, plastic, barricade-like thing. I even saw one girl like trying to jump over. Shit man, it was frigging crazy!"

Addy looked up at Jac and smiled. She couldn't feel anything and felt all numb instead of the burning in her throat that she was supposed to feel. That made the other parts of a concert completely worth it - in her eyes at least.

"Do you think you'll feel better by 1:30? That's when the car leaves."

"What time is it now?"

"Hmm. It's 1:17."

"Ugh, I –"

And with that, Addy threw her head over the toilet and expelled the contents of her dinner.

Jac sighed. "That's okay, I'll wait for you. We can call a cab or something later." Then she walked over and slumped down on the wall next to Adelanja.

* * * * *

At approximately 1:58am, Addy and Jac walked out of the lady's room. Addy looked as if she had never had her little episode, except she looked a little sullen. They both gazed out into the concrete-lined walls of the giant hall, and fear began to grip Addy. There was no one here except the merch girl. And she was just in the middle of packing up. Addy didn't do well under pressure so she began to panic and let Jac lead the way. They walked a little while to a bench just outside the side of the hall and sat down. Now she was really scared. There was no one outside; even the fan girls gave up and left. Addy looked up at the stars while Jac talked to her.

"So, here's the plan. I'll stay here and wait for a taxi or something to come along - don't give me that look! They come by randomly, sometimes, okay. And then you go and look for someone's phone you can use or whatever."

Addy laughed. "Jac, don't wait too long for your Bill-in-shining-armour to show up. That shit only happens in stories."

Jac stuck her tongue out at Addy and then proceeded to search the road for any sign of Tokio Hotel coming and sweeping her into their vehicle. Addy, meanwhile, began to walk towards the back of the hall where she was sure she saw a beam of light. She heard people talking in German, but the voices were so quiet that she couldn't make out what they were saying. As she began to near a large, metal, warehouse-type, sliding door, a bald man with a beard, who couldn't have been taller than 5'5, stepped into the darkness.