All About the Blurb - Miss Pathetic

Wonder Woman here again!

          I’m so excited! This week I am posting my first Blurb revamp for a Heroes Insider Weekly reader.

         Honestly though I’m completely out of my comfort zone with this one haha! You guessed it; I have my first 1D Fan Fic story to help entice the abundance of One Direction fans on Wattpad.

         Anyone who knows me knows I’m not a fan of the boy band or the Fan Fic genre in general but in saying that I was stoked to be given the opportunity to step out of my fantasy bubble and give it a go!

Challenge accepted!

         The one and only time I saw 1D perform live I wore earplugs and played Candy Crush on my phone, so since I obviously can’t stay focused I figured I needed help. Luckily for me I have a thirteen year old daughter who like most teenage girls is obsessed with the dreamy boy band.

         So THANK YOU Kate!

         Let’s start by having a look at her original Blurb:

Miss Pathetic

Pathetic

Line breaks: path|et¦ic

Pronunciation: /pəˈθɛtɪk

1: arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness

3: Someone miserable, wrecked, depressed, inadequate.

4: Someone worthless.

         This was a perfect description for Pathy, according to her and her dad.

         Pathy, a simple 19 year old British/American girl living in London with big dreams enters the X-factor 2014. She calls herself pathetic since a certain incident. What she doesn't know is that entering x-factor would change her life forever, so will a group of certain 5 boys.

      What happens when an x-factor contestant confesses his crush on her ... Moreover what happens when she falls in love with two lads of 1D and is torn between them?

       She never expected that she will have a love life of her own, but now instead of one, she has three of them.

    Join her journey filled with choices, lust, sexual tension, passion, fame, embarrassment, awkwardness, fun, heart-break, depression and maybe even Love. Can she handle everything at once?

         I found the easiest way to make this Blurb the best it can be on the information provided by the writer was to make two lists bullet pointing the Important Details and Un-necessary Details.

 Important Details

·                   Her name and Age

·                   Her Self-worth

·                   Her Father’s opinion of her

·                   Her dreams of performing

·                   London 2014 X-Factor the crush

·                   ONE DIRECTION and their relationship with the MC (My daughter says this IS THE most important point)

 Unnecessary Details

 ·               The reason behind why she’s pathetic (This needs to be kept as a mystery to have readers want to find out what incident caused this)

·                 Her Nationality

         Basically all the information was there it was just jumbled and a little confusing. I also had to keep in mind the audience age; I had to word it so it would be appealing to the younger generation of readers. This is where my daughter lent her teenage expertise, at one point she actually tried to take over, bloody turd. After being told I ‘Would never be a Directioner’ and ‘suck at anything 1D related’ I managed to write something she approved of.

         Here it is:

Miss Pathetic

By @rheagupta

Pathetic.

         That’s how nineteen year old Pathy sees herself, pretty hard not to when her own father deems her worthless, but Pathy has dreams—big dreams.

      Little did she know that by entering London’s 2014 X-Factor she would not only have the opportunity to pursue her dream of becoming a star, but that her life would be forever changed upon meeting five talented young men known as One Direction.

         Her life is thrown into turmoil when a fellow contestant confesses his feelings for her, only to realise she may very well be falling in love with not one but two of the 1D lads; her heart torn between the two.

         Fame, fun and embarrassment seem easy when faced with the stress of depression, sexual tension, heartbreak and some very awkward moments.

         Pathy never expected to have someone to love… let alone three.

       Hopefully @rheagupta has had success with her new Blurb! After sending her the improved blurb I was stoked that she went ahead and used my version, tweaking it a little to suit her style.

        So, for all you avid Directioners out there be sure to check out Miss Pathetic by @rheagupta http://www.wattpad.com/story/9574889-miss-pathetic-a-one-direction-fan-fiction

         Who knows maybe after reading this you’ll pick up some handy tips on re-vamping your Blurb or if you’d like me to jazz it up leave a comment with your story’s title and I’ll contact you via PM!

Until next week…

*~Wonder Woman~* aka lolly80