Chapter Nine

*Louis' POV*

Fuck my life. The boys hated me. Harrys dead. I shivered at the word. What am I supposed to do now? I have no one, but Eleanor. But I didn't feel like I wanted her anymore.

-

I walked into the apartment I shared with Eleanor.

"El?" I called out. Right, it's now or never.

"What babe?" She replied, nervously.

"Where are you?"

"I'll be out in a sec, wait there."

Her tone worried me, she seemed so secretive.

Oh and it turned out she had every right to, as I walked into the bedroom to find the window open and another mans' jacket laying on the floor.

She was cheating on me.

"ELEANOR!" I screamed. "How could you?"

"I-I'm so sorry babe."

"Don't. Call me that!" "I hate you!"

"Louis plea-"

"Get out Eleanor!" I cut her off.

"This is my place!" She screamed back in the same tone I'd used.

-

So now I was homeless and friendless.

I contemplated calling one of the boys to explain the situation, but they probably wouldn't give a shit.

I wandered the streets for hours. I came across an abandoned hotel and decided that would be my home for now.

I prepared my bed, but my kept wandering back to Harry.

It took him dying for me to realise I truly loved him. I was absolutely fucked.

______________________________

*Harrys POV*

I left the boys, took one last glance at the apartment. I knew that is would be my last.

I knew I'd never see them again.

I climbed into my mums' car. "Go." I instructed. Without hesitation she drove off.

"Are you alright, hun?" She patted my knee sympathetically.

I didn't trust my voice so I just nodded. We sat in silence for the rest of the journey back to Holmes Chapel.

"I'm never gonna see them again, mum." I blurted out.

"Why's that, sweetie?"

"I just can't, it'll remind me off Louis and he still doesn't know that I'm alive."

"Don't you think you should tell him? He deserves-"

"No, he won't even care."

"I know he left you but that doesn't mean he won't care."

"Maybe another time."

I knew full well that that other time would be if I accidentally saw him in a few years.

__________________________________

**1 week later**

*Louis' POV*

I'd spent a week in the god-forsaken place. It's also been a week since I'd spoken to the boys or my mum for that matter.

I knew she was disappointed at me for leaving Harry so I really couldn't face her.

I was on my own, like I deserve. I'd heard from passing people that management had given us a month break. By now everyone knew about Harrys death.

I reached in my pocket for my phone, and opened twitter. The boys tweets appeared on my timeline.

"@NiallOfficial: We're doing as well as could be expecting. Bit worried about Louis though"

"@Real_Liam_Payne: Doesn't feel like One Direction without Harry. #FindLouisPlease"

"@zaynmalik: none of us have seen Louis for a week. #FindLouisPlease. its not your fault."

As much as I wanted to believe they cared, I couldn't help but think it was an act for the fans.

My mentions consisted of loads of panicked fans asking if I was alright, where I was and if I was coming back.

"@Louis_Tomlinson: No I'm not fine guys, no I'm not coming back. Ever. Sorry."

Then my phone blew up with messages from the boys.

From Liam (3:12pm):

"Where are you??!"

From Niall (3:12pm):

"Louis, come bck!"

From Zayn (3:13pm)"

"We need to tell you smthing."

I looked in the camera on my phone. I looked utter crap. I hadn't shaved or had a proper wash in so long.

Maybe I should go back? What did they need to tell me?

- -

I had no car so I had to walk but slowly I made my way to Nialls flat.

"How are we meant to tell him?" I heard Zayn ask from the other side of the door.

Without knocking, I pushed my way in. "Tell me what?" I shouted.

"Uh hi Louis." Niall greeted, scratching his neck, avoiding my stare.

"Well?"

"Right, so y'know Harrys death?" Liam spoke. I nodded sharply.

"He didn't actually- he's not actually dead." Zayn continued.

"What are you on about?"  I demanded.

"Louis, he wanted you to believe he was dead so he could get away from you."

"Why would he want to leave me?"

"Eleanor, you have Eleanor and that killed him."

"Well I don't have Eleanor and I haven't had her for a week." I spat sternly.

"She cheated on me, alright." I added.

"Then where have you been staying?" Niall questioned.

I didn't know whether to tell them the truth or not. "Just around." I replied.

"You've slept in the streets." Liam stated. I avoided his glare.

I shrugged. "So?" I said. "Where's Harry?"  I changed the subject.

"We don't know mate, haven't heard from him in a while." Zayn replied.

"We need to find him. C'mon." I demanded as I ran out the flat, the 3 boys following quickly behind.

I would now find my Harry.