🌹 Chapter Fifteen

~ Four Days Later ~

"Okay Jay, what else do you want me to buy for you?" Beyoncé sarcastically asked him. Shawn and Bey has been calling each other every night when they both had the chance and right now, he's asking her to buy souvenirs for him when she gets back home.

"Oh maybe an Hawaiian shirt? Maybe a two or three?" Shawn chuckled as he made his way to his office and place his briefcase at his desk.

"Are you serious?" Beyoncé laughed, "You know a waitress doesn't have that much money right? And you're asking me to buy you a $150 Hawaiian shirt?" Beyoncé had spent her time today at the shop while Nicki minds her own and she already spent hundreds just for Shawn's souvenir.

"No one told you to be a waitress Bey. I have a spot here waiting just for you." Shawn smirked and opened his laptop.

"I thought we already went through this, Jay?" She sighed, "I told you I wanna work first, I don't care if I'm gonna be a waitress as long as I can pay the rent and have enough money to continue college."

Shawn sighed then nodded his head as if she could see him, "I know. I'm just saying you could always come and apply here. Hell you're already accepted."

Both of them laughed, "Too bad I'm not gonna work there... not yet." She smirked. "Anyways, I gotta go. I'm hungry." She chuckled.

"You're always hungry. By the way, I know a restaurant near your hotel and they have the best seafood in there. I'mma message you."

"Alright, talk to you later. I'll text you when I get back at the hotel." Beyoncé said as she hung up the phone call. A minute later she received a text message from Shawn and directly went to the restaurant he recommended.

*

Shawn called his driver to pick him up as he walked out of his office with his briefcase in his hands. Shawn entered the elevator and employees greeted him. Lily, his assistant, followed behind him while she continues to write on her papers about his schedules and things to remember.

"Where are we heading to, Mr. Carter?" His driver asked once Shawn was already settled in his car.

"Hospital." The driver knew what hospital it is since Shawn started visiting his mother these past few months because of Beyoncé. She pushed him to be with his mother all the time and spent time with her because no one knows when will our parents will be gone.

It was a good 40 minutes. Traffic wasn't in the way so they were faster than they thought. Shawn went inside and directly went to her mother's room to see Annie fixing a plate for her mother since it's already dinner.

"Shawn..." Annie started as she smiled and walked over to their mother with the plate on her hand.

"Hey." He smiled and nodded then looked at his mother smiling weakly at him. "Hey ma." He kissed her forehead and took a seat on the sofa.

"Where's my little man?" He asked Annie as she started to feed Gloria.

"Oh he's with Maria." She said feeding their mother. Shawn nodded. Maria is the sister of Annie's husband.

"So how are you doing ma?" Shawn stood and placed his hands on his pockets, hoping that she'd already started taking medicines.