🌹 Chapter Five

"I thought we going to go get dinner?" Shawn asked as they both entered the bowling area. Beyoncé nodded. "Then why the hell are we here?"

"You're such a kill joy, Shawn." Beyoncé rolled her eyes and paid for their entrance fee and began changing their shoes. "Come on, Shawn." She called him as she grabbed his hands and dragged him to one of the booths.

Beyoncé thought of bowling since she haven't done this for a while. It was still early to have dinner so she planned to have fun first to kill time. Shawn wasn't into bowling, he's more like into golf or basketball because of business. Most of businessman talks about their businesses while doing their sport, mostly golf. He's just used to it.

Beyoncé held the ball and threw it in front of her and score! She knocked all the pins down. "Strike!" She exclaimed as she laughed then looked at Shawn to have his turn.

Shawn smirked. "Y'all gon lose." He announced making Beyoncé roll her eyes, folding her arms and watch him. Shawn grabbed a bowling bowl and placed three fingers in the hole. Without thinking, he released the ball and it bounced and rolled to the side, hitting nothing.
Beyoncé laughed so hard that she almost cried and grabbed everyone's attention in the bowling alley. Shawn groaned in disappointment.

"Thought I'm gon lose?" She mocked him while grabbing a ball. Shawn gritted his teeth and watched her from behind. Beyoncé aimed and released the ball and it was a split.

"I don't want to play anymore. Let's go." Shawn irritatingly said. Beyoncé laughed even more because he's so childish at the moment. She thought, she looks like a kid who's got defeated in a basketball play.

"Leaving so soon, Shawn? We still have seven turns to go." She tried so hard not to laugh but she made few sounds in between her sentence. Shawn stayed even though he kept losing from Beyoncé. He'll sure win next time, he thought. Shawn tried and tried but still, he doesn't get any score and Beyoncé noticed that. She shook her head and decided to teach Shawn properly.

Beyoncé grabbed a ball with the perfect weight for him and handed it over to him.
"Hold the ball correctly, Shawn." She showed how to hold it perfectly and gave it back to him. She then taught him the proper stance and how he's feet should be positioned.

"Now, aim for your target." She said as he held his arms and raised the ball in front of his face. It was a little bit hard since he's taller than her.

"And now," She paused, making sure Shawn is completely focused with his target. "Release." She said, more like a whisper. Shawn listened and released the ball. It rolled down and hit six pins by ten pins. Shawn jumped up and down in excitement and Beyoncé laughed.

"Thanks to me, you scored." She bragged as she crossed her arms and prepared themselves to dinner.

"It was all me though. You helped a little." Shawn smirked as Beyoncé rolled her eyes an made their way to Popeyes using Shawn's car. They parked and Beyoncé already got out of the car as Shawn followed, "So this is we're having dinner?"

"Problem?" Beyoncé raised her eyebrow and folded her arms, glaring at him. Shawn sighed and shook his head. Beyoncé smiled to herself and made their way inside Popeyes and to their booth. "Get me a bundle." She exclaimed.

Shawn sighed and went in line to order. They both ate and made small conversation together. It wasn't long enough when they had to go already because Shawn has to take care of something. He surely did enjoy their dinner and of course, the bowling part.

"Will I ever get to see you again?" Beyoncé asked out of nowhere. She actually hesitated asking him this but she feel the need to. Shawn smiled and thought this might be the right way to ask her digits.

"Of course." He said smiling to her as Beyoncé smiled back to him. "We could always get in touch, Bey." Shawn laughed as he took out his phone out of his pocket. Beyoncé laughed and did the same then they both exchanged numbers. Shawn took Beyoncé home, since he knew Nicki's house, to make sure she's safe. They both said each other's goodbyes and Shawn left with a hug from her.

"I see Mr. Carter took you home." Beyoncé heard and turned around as soon as she realized Nicki is home, of course this is her house. Nicki eyed her with a big smile on her face.

"I thought you're at mama's?" She asked her as she walked passed her and placed her purse on the kitchen counter and sat at one of the kitchen stool.

"She's feeling okay now. I don't want to leave her though, but she insisted and told me she's going to be fine." She sighed and leaned on the counter. Beyoncé nodded then stood to grab some water from the refrigerator. "So tell me, how is that date with my pal?"

"First of all, it wasn't a date Nick." She said as she grabbed a glass then poured the water into it. "And second, it was just having dinner with a friend." She raised her glass, looking at Nicki, then drank her water.

"Are you sure it wasn't a date?" Nicki eyed her again. "Shawn and I are very close, I could hook you u--"

Beyoncé almost spit on her water, "Woah, nobody's doing that. Anyway, I'm going upstairs." She said as she went to the sink and washed the glass she just used.

"Okaaaay, I'll just be here and watch but if you need help getting wit--"

"I get it." Beyoncé cut her off, washing the glass. "I got it, you can stop now." Beyoncé eyed her and went upstairs. She directly went to the bathroom and stripped herself and jumped in to her tub filled with warm water. She stayed there for a good minute to relax, at the same time, thinking of Shawn. Once she's done, she got out of the bathroom and changed into her pajamas and threw herself to the bed. As she was about to let the sleep take over her, her phone vibrated. She immediately grabbed it, because she's been excited and waiting for his message as he would said earlier.

Shawn 🔼 :Hey, are you still up?
10:23 P.M

Bey 🐝: Yeah, I was about to sleep.
10:24 P.M

Shawn 🔼 : Aight. I'm just checking up on you.
10:26 P.M

Bey 🐝 : Good Night, Shawn.
10:26 P.M

Shawn 🔼 : Good Night, Bey.
10:27 P.M

With that, Beyoncé locked her phone then placed it back to the night stand. She turned to her side and went to sleep with a smile on her face.

• • •

Heyyyy.. So I just wanna know y'all opinion about his book and I won't update regularly but I will update it.... if y'all interested.

So I'll see y'all around Hive 🐝💋

Until then,
XO