twenty two

I jumped out of Niall's car as I parked outside the bookstore by the sidewalk, grabbed my bag and ran inside. I was going to call out the man's name but I didn't know it yet, so I stayed silent.

I ran up to the desk in the back of the store to see him sit on his chair, reading a book.

"Hey, I'm so sorry I'm late." I exhaled and leaned up against the desk where he sat.

"Hello, Ella." He greeted me with a friendly smile and removed his eyes from the book he was reading. He was still wearing those sunglasses accompanied by one of his oddly printed button up shirts.

"I didn't tell you when to be here, did I?" He half smiled.

"No you didn't." I said and tightened my pony tail on the back of my head.

"Exactly. You're not late." He stood up from the chair and put the book down.

The guy walked up to me and patted me on the shoulder.

"I'm Andrew by the way."

Four hours later I found myself sitting in the back of the shop, reading a book. I am exhausted because of my lack of sleep and my pretty active day - Andrew and I put up new books in the storefront, moved and carried loads of books and talked to get to know each other since it looks like we're going to be colleagues for a while, and we got along very well - which is great.
Earlier, he told me to sit back and relax; so I did, and here I am reading a book.

"Ella?" I recognised Andrew's voice. "I'm gonna let you go now." The day has gone really quickly.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned. My eyelids felt extemely heavy and I could literally fall asleep in seconds if I would let myself.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then." I said quietly and stood up from where I sat. I grabbed my bag and started to walk toward the exit.

"Bye!" Andrew called out and I waved at him as I exited the store.

I got into Niall's car and started it. I had no idea of what I was supposed to do with his car, so I picked up my phone from my bag and to dial Niall's number.

"Ella?" His thick accent mumured though into my ear. He sounded kind of surprised.

"Hi." I said as a smile spread across my face. "So, I'm on my way from work now. I wanted to ask if I should drive to your place and leave the car there or if I should drive to my house, and come by tomorrow and leave it?" I mumbled and tapped my figers against the steering wheel.

"I can come and pick it up at your house tomorrow, it's alright."

"Oh, well that's.. Thank you." I smiled.

"Welcome."

"See you tomorrow." I said as I drove down the street, on my way home.

"Bye, sweetcheeks."

He called me sweetcheeks. My heart fluttered and that stupid grin spread across my face, I couldn't help it. I can't believe i've let my guard down like this, for him. For Niall. I know I shouldn't be doing this. How did this happen?

"Bye."

-

About fifteen minutes later I walked inside of my house and shut the front door closed beind me. My mother was standing in the kitchen, doing the dishes.