Chapter 8: Brothers?

Violets POV:

Monday. I finally didn't have to stay home alone in that stupid cage. After what had happened the other day I was grateful that Donovan wasn't leaving me.

I was still shaken up, but today I would be safe. I had put a pair of tight jeans, a white blouse, and black flats. I was also happy I didn't have to wear those total hooker outfits. 

As we got to the door Donovan stopped me. Then went for my neck with his hands. I didn't know what he was doing and backed up, but he was faster and clipped something around my neck. I felt it and tried to pull it off, but it was one of those human proof locks. The same kind that was on the cage just smaller.

"Its a collar you have to wear it or people don't know your mine."  Donovan explained

Frowning I watched him pick up a leash. Frowning deeper I gave him a look. He frowned back saying,

"Some places require it and I don't think you'll stay by my side if you don't have it on."

He was right I would run. I really didn't want to be on a leash like some animal. He clicked it on and just out of curiosity I tried to take it off but it to was human proof.

We walked out side and there was sun. I took it all in. I hadn't been out in a while and the sun felt so good.

Your probably thinking Donovan's hating this but unlike the myths vampire didn't burn, sparkle, or get annoyed by sun.

They actually are like humans in it doesn't bother them. As we walked to the car I smiled I was so happy. It made me think of all the times I had a good time out in the sun with my brothers.

Me, Scott, and Nicholas had great times playing around. Me and Scott would play air plane fighters with Nicholas. The memory of me and Scott running around with are arms spread making air plane and gun noises while we would chase Nickolas brought me up short.

Coming back to reality I felt a tug on my neck and Donovan telling me to come on. We got into the car and he drove off. The whole car ride I sat thinking about what had happened to Nicholas, my baby.

Me and Scott had practically raised him if he were our kid. I'd just hope he wasn't starving or worse that the vampires had gotten him.

We got to the place where Donovan worked and it looked all professional and officy. As we walked into the building I saw a bunch of people in these kinda maid outfits. I got on my tiptoes and asked Donovan quietly,

"Who are those people in uniforms?"

Looking from his phone he stated,

"Those are the humans the company buys to do stuff. Like clean or give blood and stuff."

"Oh." I quietly whispered.

We got to where Donovan's desk was and he leaned down tugging my leash and tying it to the desk in a triple tight nought. Then said,

"Your gonna stay here cause I've gotta for a few things in that office over there and I'll be back. 'Kay?"

He pointed to a big door. I nodded obviously not having a choice. Donovan left with papers in his hands. A pretty lady walked up to me and said,

"Hey cuttie. What's your name?"

When I didn't say anything she stated,

"I'm nor gonna hurt you sweetheart."

"Violet." I said quietly

"That's a beautiful name mines Nila." she replied

I smiled and she laughed softly.

"So your Donovan's human?"  She asked

I quietly said,

"I'm not an object that can be owned"

"Good for you. I think having humans is wrong well.... I guess that's cause I was one." She said

Smiling I tugged at my collar. It was way to tight I could barley breath. Frowning Nila sadly said,

"I would take it off but its kinda against the law."

Sighing I curiously asked,

"How did you become a vampire ?"

I stared wide eyes at her. Donovan came back and looked between us then asked,

"What's going on."

Nila replied carelessly,

"Just chatting. Well see you later Violet."

She walked away and then Donovan undid my leash. He pulled me down the hall and I saw the back of a head I'd never forget. It was blond and a little shaggy. I swore it was Scott.

We started to turn in the other direction but I faced the back of the mans head convinced it was him. Then he turned we made eye contact and I was right.

His eyes grew wide as he started to walk towards us. I pulled against the leash hard and Donovan pulled back. Then Scott reached us I threw my arms around him and he did the same. We just stood there for a bit until Donovan pulled me back towards him.

I struggled against him even though he was telling me to stop or I'd be punished. Then Scott said,

"Who do you think you are!?"

"None of your business.! Now come on Violet!" Donovan yelled

"No..." I said quietly

Looking at me with and annoyed disbelief saying,

"What did you just say to me!"

"I-I.. Nothing Master." I stuttered and looked down.

"That's what I though. Now let's go." He stated firmly

Grabbing my arm Scott said,

"No she's coming with me."

"I don't think so I own her." Donovan said throwing his arm off of me

I quickly took advantage of Donovan's loose grip and ran closer to Scott.

Pushing me behind him he said,

"Fine but I need to talk to her for a second."

"I'll give you a minute then were leaving." Donovan agreed spitefully

Turning Scott said,

"Okay we don't have much time. You need to know I didn't leave on purpose I was captured and made a slave. Then one day someone turned me."

I  nodded and he continued.

"You have to know I was going to look for you and I did but... But when I got there you were gone and Nicholas was just sitting there  crying."

My head perked up when I heard Nicholas' name.

"Is he okay?!"

"Ya he's fine he's at my house, and he really misses you." Scot replied

I was so relieved to know Nicholas was okay then Donovan yelled at me.

"Violet get over here now your minutes up!"

With a sad frown I turned towards Donovan and walked over to him. I didn't need to be in anymore trouble then I already was.

"You're
in so much trouble. We're going home now!" Donovan yelled

I glanced back at Scott one last time. He had a sad face. Then we turned the corner.

********************************

VOTE.  COMMENT.  FEEDBACK.