Chapter Twelve

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

******************

...

Chapter Twelve

Blade, the words gets screamed in my head multiple times and before the figure exposes his face, I knew it was Blade. The body structure, the soft brown hair, the shape of head, it was all identical. It made me realize just how closely I observe Blade without noticing.

My heart stopped and I came to conclusion that I was in some kind of shock. Not surprise, because I wasn't surprised. Not at all. I was shocked, frozen and triggered with fear.

An enemy was my mate.

Does he know? He must have, he helped me shift! He saw my face.

He knew all along.

Everything made sense. How protective he is, and he doesn't even know me. His anger and violence towards Jared in particular.

He said it was for no reason. Jared was just in his way at the wrong time but in fact there was a reason.

How could I not have seen it?

Expect I had seen it, I had known. All along I had known it was Blade, I was just in denial. I didn't want to admit to myself that my mate was my enemy.

All along I've been living in some kind of fantasy, hoping I'd wake up any minute and be welcomed with Jared's concerned face that would kiss my moist forehead and assure me that everything was just a dream.

All the tugs and pushes from my wolf when Blade was near, it all made sense now. My wolf accepted a long time ago that Blade was my mate. Ever since he saved me from the rouge, ever since he followed me in the hallways.

But my human form was scared. Scared to be the traitor in my pack, scared of my mate, who's also my enemy.

I wasn't that heartbroken about Jared to let it affect everything in my life. Jared was an excuse to keep me living in my little fantasy.

I've always known inside. I remembered the almost kiss. His eyes were so identical to my mate's. I knew it was him.

Blade began to turn around and I forced myself to snap out of it. I jumped from the bushes and ran.

I didn't know where I was going but I kept running. My eyes saw nothing but a blur and I came in contact with about ten trees every five minutes.

My paws did all the thinking for me and I wished I was still locked up in my fantasy. The fact that we could never be together hit me hard and knowing in just a couple of years I wont even be able to shift depressed me.

On the verge of dying, the doctor had said, like some half dead half living thing.

I reached the cliff after half an hour of running and just collapsed on the hard ground. My fear disgusted my wolf and caused her to pull back. Before I knew it, I was rocking on the heels of my feet, my knees tightly pulled up to touch my chin in human form.

I moved behind a boulder to hide my nude body just as a tear slid from the corner of my eye and hit the ground. I watched it like it was in slow motion.

I made circles with my finger in the sand as an attempt to block my thoughts. Just as I had done here at the same spot the night I found out Jared wasn't my mate.