Chapter Twenty

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

...

Chapter 20

The drive to school took about ten minutes this morning and I reached school just in time to witness another fight breaking out between Lisa and John. I rolled my eyes and parked my car.

"Are you guys still at this?" I asked as soon as I exited the car.

"Do you know what she said now? She said that she can't wait to meet him today!"

"I'll be with you and you'll see that I'm not lying!" John yelled.

"Come on Lisa, John would never cheat on you," I said.

"How am I supposed to believe him when she said his name! She wrote John!"

"There are thousands of Johns!" he screamed.

"With the same phone number, hair color and eye color?"

John let out a sigh," I honestly don't know how to explain that!"

Suddenly, laughter erupted from the side. Mark and Steve step out, clutching their stomaches.

Steve held a new phone in his hand.

I sighed, suddenly realizing what's been going on.

John's face turned red with anger.

"Have you guys been...did you guys-" Lisa stuttered her words.

Steve and Mark both nodded, incapable of words.

Lisa turned to John, her eyes wide and sad. John ignored her and turned to the boys.

"Uh ho," muttered Steve.

"You guys better run," I advised.

Mark and Steve stumbled over each other trying to get away but John was already on their tail, trying to grab onto their shirts.

Lisa turned towards me," do you think he's mad?"

"Hell ya," I muttered.

"I mean at me? For not trusting him?"

I shrugged," Maybe for a little while."

She sighed," lets get to class."

My eyes glanced all over the place, searching for two golden suns and when I finally caught sight of them, they looked angry.

Blade was leaned up against a locker, speaking angrily on his phone. Lisa noticed the worried look on my face and followed my eyes.

"What happened?"

I shrugged," I don't know."

Lunch arrived slowly after my two morning periods and I found myself seated at one of the lunch tables, searching eagerly for Blade.

Lisa shoved my shoulder.

"Ow," I snapped, rubbing it.

"I've been talking for two minutes and you probably haven't heard a thing."

"Sorry," I muttered and bit my sandwich.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know. Blade was mad at me the other night. I don't know why though."