Chapter Twenty-one

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

...

Chapter 21

It wasn't until my head hit the pillow that I let the bursting tube of tears explode and stream down my face like rivers. My heart began to pound loudly, recovering from it's temporary shock. I tried to feel my wolf, but she wasn't there.

The other soul inside of me has finally had enough.

I felt my feelings dissolving into a small puddle and eventually becoming nothing but a shine on my heart. My thoughts became nothing but a blurry mess.

Who would have ever guessed that a random person you meet in some coffee shop would turn out to be a part of the agony in my life?

She had told me he refused her, and he had told her he had a mate.

Did he change his mind? Was he finally sick of what I couldn't give him?

I wouldn't blame him, but I also wouldn't blame myself.

And so I blamed reality and I cried even harder because if reality had been a living, breathing soul, I'd be able to get even.

But reality wasn't a soul and revenge was out of the question.

Next day at school, I tried to avoid Blade as much as possible and when he tried to catch my eyes for a couple of seconds in the morning, I turned away, pretending I hadn't seen and talked to Lisa and John.

During first period, the teacher was late. John turned towards me," Do I get to know what's going on now?"

"What do you mean?" I muttered.

He shrugged ," Lisa has been looking out for you non stop and you alway seem so distracted. Something tells me that Lisa knows what's going on with you."

"There's nothing going on John, me and Lisa are just being girls."

"Really? Than why did I see your car outside of the alcohol help center?"

Of course, I thought to myself," My mom needed to pick something up for work."

"Really? She dropped you off, Em, and picked you up a couple of hours later."

"What, did you stay there the whole time and watch us?"

"You know my dad's work is near there. I saw from the window."

"What are you saying John? You know this is not the time and place for a fight."

"I'm not fighting," he snapped," I just feel like its a bit unfair that I knew you years before Lisa did and she gets to know everything and I don't. You know I care about you too."

"Thank you, John, I care about you too! We're best friends! But It's a girl thing-"

"Look, I've heard about so many girl things, did you forget who my girlfriend is? I've heard it all, literally, periods, PMS, unsuccessful diets, fantasies, top best leg shavers, best lip stick brand, everything!"

"It's not that type of girl things. You wouldn't understand. Besides its not that big of a deal."

"You're pregnant aren't you?"

"Aghhh!" I groaned out loud," no."

"You know what Em? Theres a reason that we're best friends. We didn't just happen, Em. We trusted each other. What happened?"