Chapter Four

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

******************

Chapter four

I had thought the symptoms of nervousness were fidgeting, sweating, maybe stuttering even, but nobody mentioned the heart pounding. My chest was a practical drum set as I walked into third period after the talk me and Jared had.

The bell hadn't rung yet but a few people sat at their desks, reading their projects due for today.

I remembered with sudden panic that Jared was my partner and sigh.

My heart began to beat even faster.

I watched as students arrived into the classroom, one by one, completely consumed within my thoughts.

I imagined the worst, as alway.

What if Jared and Jasmine were called up to the stage to act out a love scene?

What if they'd have to kiss?

I could imagine everybody whispering about how this must be crushing me, tormenting me, driving me insane even.

Than I imagined the cruel, teasing snickers that would no doubt come from the students.

"Good Afternoon class!" said a slightly accented female voice.

I jumped up and glanced at the front of the class where Mrs. Spencer, our drama teacher, stood, in her usual crazy outfits.

Today, it was a dress from the eighteenth century and a long green pendent that glowed between her breasts.

Her curly, orange hair was tied at the top of her head in a tight knot that looked like it hurt.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Spencer," we all replied, less enthusiastically.

I let my eyes casually drift to the front where Jasmine and Jared sat side by side, holding hands beneath the table.

I looked away quickly before anybody had a chance to see.

"Alright class, today you will be acting out the scenes that you wrote with your partners," she said.

Some booed, others cheered.

Me? I felt as if I was ready to shoot myself.

"But," continued the teacher," you'll be acting out someone else's project and not your own. That way I will be able to mark you on acting a scene you aren't familiar."

I looked around the classroom in fear.

Who would me and Jared get? Stacy? She seemed like the type to write about things like romance.

Or maybe Evan, he loved drama class.

And with a sudden horror-filled thought, my eyes fell on Romania.

All she did was gush about love. She dreamed about finding her soul-mate and becoming an author.

She was clearly the best student in this class.

I shut my eyes tight and prayed that her assignment wouldn't be assigned to us.

"First pair," said Mrs. Spencer," Evan and Stacy."