Chapter 30

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

Chapter 30

The aroma of cheap perfume and alcohol filled the entire house as I slipped through masses of sweating bodies as an attempt to get to Lisa, John and Jace.

I caught sight of a girl drinking from the no doubted spiked lemonade and pitied her. The smirking guy watching her would no doubt try to take advantage of her tonight.

Thank god I hadn't drank anything today otherwise I'd be wobbling as much as her.

I felt a pair of intense eyes on me like before and looked up to see a confused blade.

I thought about my quick escape after the kiss we shared. I had to get out of there, otherwise I wouldn't have stopped.

I couldn't let myself get addicted to those soft pink lips. If I do, mom would know something is up.

I knew the kiss we  shared although was fast, it would also be the last kiss for a while.

It hurt to even think that.

I finally caught sight of Lisa and squeezed through the last couple of bodies until I reached them.

"Hey! Where have you been?" said a drunk looking Lisa.

"Just the washroom, John did you let her drink anything?"

"Just Lemonade, I don't know why she's so wobbly."

"Don't let her drink anymore."

"Why?"

"It's spiked."

"Emerald?" said a voice.

I looked to my side and saw Jace.

"Hey! Are you having a good time,"

I tried to smile.

"Yeah I am! Can I walk to you outside?"

"Yeah sure."

He grabbed my hands and led me through the bodies again until we reached the backyard.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Um, about the claw marks-"

"It's okay," I said," you don't have to explain."

"No, I want to. It's not what you think. I got these when rouges attacked my pack. They killed my Parents and my mate. I was trying to fight them off but there were to many. They scratched my arms and really anywhere they were in contact with."

"You must have been so terrified."

"I was. I can't really remember how it felt but all I remember seeing is a blur of colors and blood. I heard a lot of screaming."

"I don't understand how you're still healthy look and not sort of dead looking after your mate died."

"That's because my wolf shunned me."

"But I thought you lose your wolf when you lose your mate?"

"No,  you only lose your wolf if your mate is still alive but you can't be with them. If your mate dies, your wolf can't die because he knows she or he is gone and there's nothing he can do. So he has to stay but out of his depression, the wolf shuns his human."