26. Bad decision

26. Bad decision

Natalía
I felt warm and well rested. The bed felt exceptionally soft. I would definitely say that was one of the best sleeps I've ever had. I stretched and let out a long satisfying moan. There was a deep chuckle that seemed to have come from beside me. I opened my eyes dreading the worst, and they connected with a familiar part of chocolate brown eyes. These were eyes I knew. These were eyes I remembered. I must have jumped at least ten feet in the air from my surprise. He chucked again and I flung myself at him.

"Marc! Oh my God! You're awake. How are you feeling? Does anything hurt? Do you want me to do anything for you? I'm so glad you're awake." I rambled on, not giving him a chance to speak. He sat there with this amused expression on his face. "What?" I asked self consciously patting down my hair. He used his one good hand to pull me closer.

"I'm fine. I don't need anything. I have all I need right here. Now take a breath and calm down. I've been waiting a while for you to wake up."
"How long have you been awake?"
"For about a day now."
"I've been sleeping for a day?"
"No sweetheart, you've been asleep for over two days now, at least that's what I've been told."
"I've been asleep for a more than two days? That's not possible. I can't even sleep a full eight hours."
"You don't remember?"
"Remember what?"
"I'll tell you after you kiss me."

He didn't wait for a response. He just swooped in and joined our lips together. I responded instantly. I missed his kisses. I didn't know how much until this moment when I got satisfaction from feeling his soft lips moving against mine. When he pulled away, I was dazed. "I missed you." The words came out before I could make sense of what I was saying. "Say that again." His deep baritone voice vibrated from his words.

"What? I didn't say anything."
"Natalía, I'm a sick man. I think I deserve some sort of happiness as compensation." I tried not to focus too much on the way he said my name and how every syllable vibrated through me. I decided to humour him. "I missed you Marc." His eyes got darker as they focused on my moving lips. "I love it when you say my name like that." I only smiled and cuddled into his side more. "You should get some more rest. I heard you were quite horrible the past few days."

"Was I?" I yawned and closed my eyes. "It's your fault I snapped." The more I thought about my behaviour the past couple of days the more my happiness started to fade. I opened my eyes and sat up. "Just what the hell were you thinking getting into a car with that bitch? I really want to hear your explanation." He sighed. "I went to pick her up. I might not be into her, but I am not a monster. And she had no one else to pick her up." I scoffed. "I highly doubt that. What about your brother? Aren't they like in a relationship? You know he didn't even come to check on you once. I didn't even get a phone call to find out how you were doing. It's like he wants you to suffer alone and die."
"No doubt. I assume he has plans of his own. But that's not the point. Whatever you might think about her, I owed her at least that much."
"You should have told me."
"We weren't exactly on speaking terms."
"You could have sent a text."
"Point taken. I'm sorry."

"I don't like her. I have a bad feeling when it comes to her."
"Is that why you tried to strangle her?"
"Who told you that? It was a lapse in judgment on my part. I should have done it when no one was around. Maybe then she would really be dead. She's going to cause problems for you, and when she does you are going to remember this day."
"Don't worry about Andrea. I will take care of her."
"Whatever, just keep her away from me or I might succeed in killing her next time."

"Look who is awake."
"Hi James."
"Hi James? Are you feeling okay?" He looked at Marc. "She's being nice."
"Don't look at me. She has been that way since she woke up."
"I'm right here you know."
"I somehow thought you'd be pissed after what that ex husband of yours did to you."
"Antonio? He's here?"
"Was here. Your guy sent him packing, well that's what I heard anyway."
"And what did he do to me?"
"He's the one that sedated you. Why do you think you were asleep for so long?"
"He. Did. What?" Marc held me and pulled me tighter to his side before I could get off the bed. "Calm down. He's probably back in Italy by now." He bit my earlobe playfully and my anger disappeared.