Chapter 2

And so soon after the last one, whaaaaat? :O 

Dedicated to keebs95 for her awesome banner!! Thank you!! :D

“Miss me?” Calum Hood’s signature cheeky grin was curled across his face as he gazed at me, one elbow resting against the doorframe.

I was shocked into silence.

It had been nearly a whole year since I had seen this boy, since the day both our hearts had broken, and now he was here, standing in my doorway and grinning like he hadn’t a care in the world.

And he had the audacity to ask if I missed him?

“What are you doing here?” I managed, willing my voice not to shake.

Butterflies had erupted in my stomach and my palms were sweating.

The year apart had not lessened his effect on me.

Calum’s smile slipped into a puzzled frown. “Can’t a guy see his girlfriend without being questioned?”

Girlfriend.

My hands curled into fists, hurt panging in my chest.

“That’s not fair, Calum!” I snapped. “It’s been a whole year, you know that! You don’t get to come back and…and act like nothing’s happened!”

Now he really looked confused. “Shiloh, what are you talking about?”

I flinched away from the hand he reached out. “You know damn well what I’m talking about.”

“Cal?” Elliott’s voice sounded at my back. “What are you doing here?”

“Why does everyone keep asking that?” Calum asked, his brows creasing into a frown.

“Well, firstly you just got off a tour last night.”

Slowly, Calum shook his head. “No. We’re recording our second album, we haven’t quite finished it yet.”

I frowned.

Of course I wasn’t aware of Calum and the 5SOS boys’ schedule, but even I knew that they’d been working on their second album last year.

They had just released it when Calum and I…well.

Elliott was a close friend of all the 5SOS boys, having met Calum, Luke and Michael when we were at high school.

It was obvious he would know when they were going on tour.

I bit my lip, stepping backwards into Elliott’s chest.

Suddenly, my phone burst to life, blaring MKTO at a gratingly high pitch.

I cursed, ducking under Elliott’s arm to reach it where it was sitting on the mantelpiece.

I didn’t even check the number as I raised it to my ear. “Hello?”

Shiloh? Thank God.”

My mouth dropped in astonishment for the second time that morning.

Why the heck was Luke Hemmings calling me?

“What?” I snapped, aware that I sounded a little testy. “What the heck is going on? I don’t appreciate being a part of this sick joke, Luke. That’s not fair.”