Chapter Eleven

I could feel hands gripping my arm, a warm breath on my cheek, and I even could hear my name being called. But I couldn't move, speak, or think. Breathing wasn't coming easily either.

Once the voice broke threw, Jeremy's changed and was replaced by Ryan's before slipping away into the mist.

Finally my body was jerked with such force my head cracked against the window. I was finally back in the car. With a throbbing ach coming from the crown on my head, but in the car none the less.

The moment I looked into Ryan's eyes the message Jeremy had given me blew up in my head. So much meaning in each syllable I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Ryan must have thought that the blow to the head had been the issue because he was around to my side of the car pulling me out of the and carried me into my house bridal style, "Sorry, babe. I didn't mean to shake you so hard. But you were so out of it. You weren't blinking and you were barely breathing.

I wasn't able to respond. My mind was replaying the message as if it were a voicemail. I couldn't believe it. There was no way that Jeremy contacted me from beyond the grave. Bu considering the contents of the message I had to tell him.

'But what if he doesn't believe you?' My inervoice put her two-cents in.

I felt my bed beneath me, giving me my cue to open my eyes. Surely enough when I did I seen Ryan retreating from my room.

"Ryan, there's something I need to tell you," he stopped moving.

With his hand on the door knob and his back to me be could of easily slipped out without giving me another glance.

But he let out a loud sigh as if he knew I was the barer of bad.news and turned back in my direction and before returning to me he shut the bdoor behind him.

When he sat down on the edge of my bed I pulled myself up into a sitting position and tucked my knees under me. Scooting closer so our legs touched, I began to relay the message.

He took the news with a grain of salt.

"You expect me to believe that my dead brother came to you from beyond the grave so you could pass on a message?!" he hissed.

"Don't shoot the messenger!" I pleaded jokingly, with a little bit of fear.

"What did he say?" He was pacing my room. Any minute now I expected him to sprout his tail.

"What?" I asked in an attempt to avoid the question.

He was leaning down on the bed, in a second, "Don't avoid the subject, now. What. Did. He. Say?" His teeth were clenched in anger.

"Why? It's not like you believe me?" I said while playing with my bed spread.

He lifted my chin so he could meet my chin, "Tell me, Juliet," his voice was calmer as he sat back down beside me.

"Okay," I said as I pulled one of his hands into my lap. It was slightly shaking with anger, and no doubt sadness. "He says that you are on the right path."

"Ha! How would he know?" He proclaimed, his grip on my hand got tighter.

"I'm not finished," he stopped fussing and plopped back on my bad.

I leaned down and rested my chin on his chest and watched his face.

"Ryan, you were always meant to be Alpha. Ever since you were born. But your life was in danger and I couldn't allow you to die without a fighting chance," It was as if I was in a trance. Unable to control what I say but still see everything going on around me. I watched as Ryan stared into my eyes with both fear and longing.

"I took over the pack hoping that one day you could, that you would, take it over. The pack always felt like we were missing a link. And that link was you. The day I took the Alpha's oath mom and dad knew that they had lost us both. In an attempt of their own to protect you, they took you away.

Whether that was the right choice we will never know but it was the best choice. And with that I knew that I might have to give up my life so you keep yours and I was alright with that. As long as you were safe, that was all that mattered.

With that, I hope you understand that I would do it all over again if I had to."

Finally I blinked, I could stand the sight of tears in his eyes but I knew they were for his brother and he had beed fighting them all this time.

"Ryan," I whispered, he wouldn't lookb at me. "There's this last part I don't understand."

"What?" He asked his voice emotionless, his gaze still fixed on anything and everywhere but my face.

"You can't save the girl," Ryan shot up out of bed so fast I knew went over the edge.

"What?! What does it mean?"

He headed toward the door ready to leave without an explaination but grabbed his arm forcing him to stop.

"Stay with me tonight," I whispered, afraid to be to loud.

He started pulling away, "Your parents."

They went with my brother on his school field trip. They wont be back until tomorrow evening." I started pulling off his jacket, not giving him a chance to go.

Our eyes met and his lips were on mine in a hot second. His body pressed against mine as he guided me to the bed.

Expecting my back to meet my bed I was surprised when I landed on Ryan.

He started tugging of my jacket without his lips leaving mine.

When he got it off, he flipped me over so I was on my back and he was leaning over me.

He broke the kiss briefly to pull off his shirt exposing his abs. Before I could fully admire his lips were back on mine.

I could feel his fingers brush against my stomach as he pulled my shirt up and over my head leaving me in just my bra.

"Ryan, we can't." I spoke against his lips.

He didn't seem to hear me as his tongue explored my mouth and mine, his.

The skin contact had produced such a heat that I couldn't stop as he pressed his abdoman against mine.

I started trying to unbutton my jeans but he took my hands and held them above my head.

His lips found their way down to my neck.

I couldn't think straight what with the trail of heat he left behind with each kiss.

He was kissing the side of my neck where it met my shoulder and sucked it lightly.

Before I knew what was happening I felt him nip at my neck. His teeth biting into my skin.

With the bite I felt both pain and pleasure until all I felt was heat.

Heat from the locket, heat from his body on mine, and heat from the bite.

His lips made their way back to mine as I tried to control my mind and body but the heat was too much and I let out a low moan.

When Ryan released my hands I wrapped thek around his neck trying to pull him closer to me.

My body was craving more then what it was getting and it was sending me into a frenzy.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes. His were glowing ever so slightly. Dimming down more and more each second until tey were back to normal.

"Ryan?" I asked as I tried to catch my breath and clear my mind.

He rolled over onto the bed and pulling me so I rested on jis bare chest.

"You can't save the girl."

"What'd you say?" Ryan broke the haze of my mind.

My eyes fluttered open, "What?" I asked in a groggy voice. I was worn out.

"Never mind," he whispered into my hair, kissing the top of my head as I drifted off to sleep to the sounds of his heart beat that seemed to beat faster then your average human.