Chapter One

It was six forty five and Suzie was right on time, as always. I on the other hand was running late and she was honking her horn impatiently. I grab my bag and jacket and run down the stairs. I nearly collide with my father rounding the banister.

“Whoa! Sweetheart, it’s your junior year don’t you think you should try to be more punctual?”

“Daddy, I know, I know. I’m trying, but when else am I going to go hunting if not at night?”

The look on my father’s face was priceless!

“Daddy, I’m joking. Time just gets away from me.”

He chuckled and I leaned up on my tip toes and planted  kiss on his cheek.

“See you later. Bye, mom!” Yelling that last part to my mother, who was in the next room.

“Juliet! Honey, but you haven’t had breakfast.” She said as she entered the foyer.

“It’s fine mom Suzie on habit always brings something.”

She laughs and gives me a quick kiss on the temple as I rush out the door to Suzie.

As I get in the car she gives me the death glare, that she has had plenty of practice, since her brother had to drive us every morning and he gave her hell for my being late and had threatened plenty enough not to drive us anymore and force us into riding the bus. Luckily Suzie inherited his car when he went away to college this year.

“Where’d you get that necklace?”

I gave her a blank look. What was she talking about?

She gestured toward me with the hand that wasn’t on the wheel. Intrigued I glanced down to find a silver heart shaped necklace hanging from my throat. My blood ran cold, How the hell?

“I- I’ve had it since I was like eight.”

We were in the school parking lot by then and she was putting it into park.

Turning toward me she said, “It’s gorgeous, how come you have never wore it before now?”

She reached out and took a hold of it. She yelped in pain and dropped it. “Juliet, that thing is scorching hot!”

I reached for it slowly ready to pull away quickly but as soon as my fingers fastened around it I felt a small sensation but no scorch.

The bell rang then and I just started reaching for all my things before realizing she wasn’t moving. Glancing up at her I seen her face was twisted in both pain and confusion, but as soon as are eyes met she lunged for her things and hoped out.

We entered the school with everyone’s eyes on us. We somehow became the co-queen bee’s during are freshmen year. We had two very different personalities. She was the strong willed, stubborn, and if she wasn’t my best friend I’d probably call her a slutty tease, but she is and I’m not.

We reached are lockers and it seemed as if everything came to life. The only ones starring were the freshman and the rest went on with their lives being used to us already.  There was this really adorable nerd starring at us, well more correctly he was starring at Suzie, she was sporting a short skirt and top that showed more the enough cleavage.

The funny thing about Suzie is her need to be the center of attention. She really knows how to work a room.

“Juliet, I don’t get it. You’re sixteen, gorgeous, and a junior. You can have any guy you want, what is the problem?”

We were so busy talking we didn’t realize everything had gone still. I was more busy making a mental sigh of relief at her dropping the subject and acting as if it never had happened.

“Suzie, I’m not that kind of girl. When it happens it’ll happen.”

“What will hap—No? You think I’m talking about—No! I’m just talking about getting a boyfriend.”

I blushed at my assumption and turned to my locker and turned the dial as soon as I opened it something floated to the floor.

“Why is it so quiet? Oh my gawd! Juliet look!”

I couldn’t, I couldn’t tear my eyes from the object that floated to the floor. I slowly kneeled down and picked it up gently. Lying in the palm of my hand was a small piece of paper with two very simple words that made my heart stop beating for an instant, and my hand instantly made its way around the silver locket.

A tall dark figure loomed over head. Suzie no doubt got his attention, but I couldn’t move from my crouched position.

 “Hi, I’m Suzie. What’s your name?” She said in her seductress voice.

 I almost laughed but it was caught short by his response.

“Ryan” said the dark figure in a deep voice, that would be mistaken as sexy.

I stood with lightning speed and got a terrible head rush and gripped my locker for support.

“Jewels are you okay?” Suzie asked concern lacing her voice.

I couldn’t face him, even if it was just a coincidence, so I just waved my hand.

“Yea, I’m fine. Thanks.”

By the way she turned all her attention toward me I knew he had moved on.

“Juliet, why are you shaking?”

I turned around and seen the retreating figure of Ryan.

“Do you know him!?”

I jumped at her accusation, and as the bell rang.

I turned around and slammed my locker door shut.

“No, Suzie, I don’t know him” 

Not anymore. I thought as we made our way to our first hour.

As I sat at my desk trying to listen to Suzie ramble on about the new student I couldn’t help but drift off in thought.

When the room went quiet I assumed the teacher had arrived and faced the door. There in the door way with a piece of paper in his hand stood Ryan Croft looking me dead in the eyes. I couldn’t look away and for a minute he didn’t either, and I had a impulse to mouth ‘Hi’, but the teacher walked in, at that moment and he turned away from me not giving me another glance the rest of the hour.

I looked down at the small piece of paper containing such a strong message.

Forget me…

Vote, Comment, and/or Fan. If you like please. :D