Chaper Six

It was ten at night and I was already in bed. Everyone left around nine and I tried to help my parents and Suzie clean up but my eyes were extremely heavy and they seemed to notice since they all fore me to go up to bed.

Now that I in bed ready for sleep I was unable to sleep. I couldn’t get Ryan off my mind. The look in his eye’s was burned into my brain. He wanted to tell me something, something that was important. But we were interrupted by my parents. They wanted me to open my presents, and when I tried to tell them just a minute Ryan had disappeared.

Unable to sleep, I have to wait until morning to see him again, and even then I’m not sure if he’ll tell me whatever it was he meant to tell me tonight.

Suzie was staying the night again tonight, so when she walked into my room around midnight I pretended to sleep as she got into bed.  

Listening to her snore lightly I rubbed my burn and slowly drifted to sleep thinking about Ryan.

By morning I was worn out. I didn’t get enough sleep. Going to sleep at two in the morning and then waking up at five did a girl in. So I was in no shape or form ready for what was waiting for me in first hour.

Suzie and I were walking in when I spotted Ryan sitting in the desk in the very back. There were onlyh two seat available in the entire room and none of them were next to each other. One was next to Sandra Wong, and the other by Ryan.  The look on his face told me that he did it on purpose, some how.

Suzie looked from me to him and back at me, “You have two options here. You could walk over there and sit down. Give him what he wants. Or you can sit next to Sandra and piss him off.”

I started laughing instantly, “I think we both know which I choose.”

She nodded and stood there approvingly, as I took a deep breath and headed over to my seat. As I sat down I heard low growl coming from the back of the room. Suzie passed me with a sly smile on her face. She was going to milk this for all its worth.

By the end of the day I was grinning ear to ear. I loved the way I effected Ryan. I knew it was wrong but I still did it. He had been gone for far to long and messing with him was way to fun and satisfying. All during our classes together Jesse kept trying to get me to talk to Ryan.

I had to take the bus home from school because Suzie had cheerleading practice. As I made it acrossed the quad to where all the busses parked at the end of the day, I felt a pair of eyes on the back of my neck.

Swinging around, there was no one in sight but that didn't calm the suspicion. I started walking faster, trying to put some distance between me and my fear.

Right as I was about round the corner of the building to the parking lot, I felt a pair of hands grab me from behind. I made a move to scream but a hand fastened itself over my mouth, restricting me from making any sudden noise or movements.

He started jerking me backward until we were concealed by a tree. Try as I might I couldn’t break free from  him grasp.

Finally he spoke, “Jewels, come with me and you wont get hurt.”

Instantly I knew who it was. I stop flailing, and he let me go. I spun around and hit Jesse square in the shoulder, but he showed no evidence of it hurting. He didn’t even budge, he only looked angrier.

“If you don’t come with me, I’ll bite you,” He growled at me.

I couldn’t help but laugh, “Bite me? You’re threatening to bite me?”

“No. I’m promising to bestow a whole shit load of pain from my werewolf venom.”

I froze, I had no idea how this whole wolf thing worked. So in no position to call his bluff I let him drag me towards the way I came. There was a car waiting at the curb and a very grizzly man leaning against it.

As we approached the vehicle the guy opened the back door, “Give you a hard time, did she?”

Jesse shoved me into the backseat with a grunt in the large mans direction. Once we were driving I decided it was time to ask some important questions.

“What the hell is going on?” I leaned forward in between the front seats so I could get a look at their faces.

I couldn’t believe how Jesse was being. He never came off as the aggressive type.
“Ryan wants to talk to you,” he said keeping his face forward.

No one talked after that. We rode in silence. Jesse glaring out his window, while I pouted out mine. he man driving seemed to find this whole ordeal amusing because he was grinning ear to ear, glancing at Jesse here and there and chuckling every so often.

When we finally came to a stop, we were in the middle of now where. The car was surrounded by trees. I didn’t notice when we had left the main road so I had no idea where we were.

Standing just inside the line of trees surrounding us was Ryan with his back to us. Just at the sight of him made my blood boil and my palms sweat. He had an effect on me like no other.

“Well?” I looked over at the man driving as he just stared back. “Go!” Jesse said with frustration in his voice.

I scrambled out of the car not thinking. This side of Jesse Frightened me and even though I wasn’t willing to admit it I was surely going to get hell for it later.

Once I was out of the car I heard the locks click signaling that they were locked and iw as stuk out here with Ryan.

I slowly started walking to him just as I had the first time at school. As soon as I was just inside the trees he started walking deeper inside the woods. I reluctantly followed him.

He finally stopped once the sky wasn’t visible above the trees, making it dark. Not being able to see I collided with him. The force from his rock hard body had been falling backward. I felt his arms grab hold of my forearms steadying me but I still couldn’t see. I was beginning to feel a little panicky over the lack of vision.

“Juliet,” the sound of his voice made me jump. Being alone with him out in the middle of nowhere in the pitch dark had me a little jumpy. “Do you trust me?”

I automatically snorted at the question. After everything that’s happened did he really have the balls to ask that question?

His eye’s automatically flared a vibrant blue, lighting up the space around us. He was closer too me then I thought. I immediately took a step away from him.

I could hear and see his chest heave with each breath. His temper has gotten even shorter since his transformation.He closed his eyes, making it even harder for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I don’t know if he reopened them or not, if he did they were no longer glowing with passion.

“Do you remember this place?” His voice came out a whisper, I could feel his breath on my cheek.

“No, should I?” I whispered, unable to handle the closeness of his body, of his lips.

“Wait for it,” I could hear the smile in his voice, from behind me.

Almost instantly the woods ignited with small lights everywhere. I let out a breath I didn’t know i was holding, smiling ear to ear as the memory came front and center.

“Your brother brought us here like a week before you moved. It was so magical,” I looked up and seen him staring down at me. “It still is,” I finished with a smile.

He nodded and looked out at the fireflies dancing around are heads, “At that time I knew about Jeremy and his dilemma. He told me how it was the best thing that had ever happened to him. The thing I remember most about our talks was how wolves mate,” I froze, pretending to be so caught up with the magic of the area as he continued. “They mate for life, and when they meet their mate they can feel it, in their heart, their soul and their wolf.”

I turned around to face him, finally gaining the courage to confront him, “What are you getting at?”

“When I was ten years old I already knew who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I didn’t need my wolf to tell me,” It came out in such a rush, there was a small part of anger coming through.

I was looking at the ground now, “And what does your wolf say now?” It came out as a bashful whisper complete with me footing at the grass.

He grabbed me by the arms forcing me to look up at him, “You’re my mate, Juliet.”

A whole swarm of butterflies erupted in my stomach, “I, ugh, I think we should be heading back.”

I pulled away from his grasp and started heading toward the trail we came from when his voice rang through the forest loud and clear, “There something you need to know about that locket.”