The End

NOTES: Last chapter...

Peridot had finished her story. She wasn't sure how Steven would react after hearing that or even the fact if he'd believe what she said. Peridot looked down at the floor, disgusted with herself and disappointed...waiting to hear abuse from Steven.

Suddenly Peridot felt light pressure around her and before she could react, Steven had his arms around her, in a gently embrace. Peridot wasn't sure how to take this...she looked around to see if this was a trick or a joke.

STEVEN: Thank you...

PERIDOT: (Frowns) Why...?

STEVEN: For not giving Pearl away. For protecting her...

PERIDOT: I...(Blushes slightly) She did no harm to me...

There was an awkward silence that felt like it lasted for hours but were merely a few seconds until Steven broke the silence.

STEVEN: So...this cluster...

PERIDOT: What about it?

STEVEN: Well, how do we stop it?

PERIDOT: (Huffs) You can't stop it. It'll grow and keep growing until it bursts out of the Earth crust and by doing that it'll practically destroy the Earth. (Looks at Steven, who looks worried) I'm...sorry...

STEVEN: There must be a way! There must be!

PERIDOT: There isn't! (Folds her arms...and then rubs her chin) Although...

STEVEN: Although?

PERIDOT: Well...thinking from the top of my head, we could shrink it down, possibly by drilling it but it'll take ages, not to mention we have to build the drill first! It's impossible!

STEVEN: Impossible? Nothing's impossible. Why not tell the crystal gems what the plan is and I'm sure they'll help?

PERIDOT: What can they do? Your Pearl is trapped within her gem, Amethyst rarely has a attention pan...and Garnet? (Peridot sighs) She's just a fusion, she doesn't even use her combined strength for anything except to be...a fusion.

STEVEN: That's not true about Garnet, she's strong, really strong. Look, why don't you ask her for help...I bet she would.

PERIDOT: (Shivers a little) Her...h-her fusion makes me a little uncomfortable...

STEVEN: Again, just talk to her. Get to know her...maybe, even understand her...

PERIDOT: Hmm. Maybe your right...

STEVEN: (Smiles) I'm normally right.

PERIDOT: I hear that Garnet is a fusion of...l-love...?

STEVEN: (Nods) Yes, that's right.

PERIDOT: Gems aren't supposed to have "feelings" for each other on homeworld. At least...not fusion feelings...or...o-or even...(Blushes)...Earth love...

STEVEN: Oh. Well, that's sucks. (Smiles) But you aren't on homeworld now...

PERIDOT: That's...that's true...

STEVEN: On Earth, you can be what you want to be, not told what to be. Be yourself...I know Earth can be scary but it really isn't, it just changes...but it changes for the good. Maybe you should explore the planet...and...you can do it as a free gem. No responsibilities