Chapter 3

NOTES: May contain some swearing.

PEARL:What have you become, Rose? (Again, Steven wasn't sure how to react) You've become weak, you're not the leader that homeworld should be afraid of...(Laughs) You're a joke! At least you aren't a coward like Peridot. A traitor...someone who couldn't even do a simple mission. We dispose traitors...(Sighs) Hearing Peridot scream in pain was a little...arousing...but maybe hearing your gem crack, hearing your scream will be even better...

STEVEN: Pearl...?

PEARL: Do you know what special quality Yellow Diamonds followers have...?

STEVEN: Special...wha...? What are you talking about...?

PEARL: We are all...(Turns around, her eyes are yellow) FLAWED!

STEVEN: Pearl, your eye's...! What's with your...e-eye's?

PEARL:(Her face was slowly turning into a yellowy colour) But you would know everything about being flawed, don't you, Rose? Because you failed to accept your position, you failed homeworld...and you failed...Pink Diamond. She trusted you....and you just...SHATTERED HER!

STEVEN: (Shaking) Wait...y-you're not Pearl!

Suddenly, without warning, Pearl exploding into a yellow light, the beam far too bright for Steven, who used his arm to block the light and stepped back but tripping over. The light carried on for a few more seconds before it died down...Steven lowered his arm and gasped what was in front of him.

A yellow Pearl, who had her back to him, before turning her head slowly with a cheeky, yet evil grin. She started to chuckle and then turned around. Steven, pushed his feet making him crawl backwards.

STEVEN: Y-you're a...?

YELLOW PEARL: We've been after you for a long time!

Steven whimpered some more as the slim yellow Pearl walked towards him. He was up against a wall...the yellow Pearl kept her spear and pointed it at Steven.

YELLOW PEARL: Peridot's mission was to check the cluster, a simple task but when we found out there were more Crystal Gems on this planet, we jumped at the chance to find you and destroy you...especially you, Rose Quartz. Your wanted...and you are to be shattered. (Smiles wildly) Oh, imagine my reward when I tell Yellow Diamond that I killed you!

STEVEN: But...b-but how did you-...?

YELLOW PEARL: How did I know to come here? Simple. We followed Peridot's every move, she didn't know of course but then again, she is a useless gem after all...those enhancers have a tracking devise and a camera on them. When we saw you Crystal gems on the screen, he had to act...the cluster could wait.

STEVEN: Cluster?

YELLOW PEARL: Oh, nothing much. Just some shards fusing together to destroy your planet and collect some resources for ours. (Giggles) Won't be long now, I'm sure.

STEVEN: How...did you become...Pearl?

YELLOW PEARL: (Annoyed) I AM a Pearl!

STEVEN: N-No, I m-mean...

YELLOW PEARL: Oh, "your" Pearl, another traitor.

STEVEN: How...?

YELLOW PEARL: Hmph. Rose, has this planet made you thick? Shift shaping, of course. How else could I infiltrate. As for your defective Pearl, I simply took her place...whilst she was on her own. Too bad about her...

STEVEN: (Teary-eyed) Wha...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HER?!

YELLOW PEARL: WHAT I'LL BE DOING TO YOU! (Raises her spear, ready to kill Steven) ROSE QUARTZ, FOR THE CRIMES AGAINST HOMEWORLD AND THE SHATTERING OF OUR PINK DIAMOND, I SENTENCE YOU TO DEATH WITHOUT TRIAL!

Steven closed his eyes, for some reason he couldn't produce his pink shield. The spear came crushing down on him, suddenly there was a huge green light, that filled the room and then a loud crash...the yellow Pearl was pushed off her feet because of this blast of green and yellow light smacking into her, pushing her against the wall and crashing through it. Steven was shaking but as soon as he heard the blast, he looked up and yellow pearl wasn't there...instead, he gasped as he saw Peridot still lying on the floor pointing her enhancer where yellow pearl once stood...the green time had put back one of her enhancers on, she was breathing heavily and spat out some green blood. The strength she used took the best out of her as she gasped, trying to catch her breath. Steven quickly got up and ran to Peridot's side, putting his arms around her.

STEVEN: Your...y-your alive...?

PERIDOT: (Weak) Peridots...a-are stronger...t-than you think. (In the corner of her eye, she sure some rubble moving) Shit!

STEVEN: What's wrong...?

PERIDOT: You've...g-got to get out of here.

STEVEN: Why...a-are you helping me?

PERIDOT: Ugh, it's...n-not you I'm saving...

STEVEN: What...?

Just then, Peridot pushed Steven away and shot a green beam at him, a bubble that lifted him off the ground, she navigated him to the other side of the room, so he was out of harm's way. Just then, the yellow Pearl arose from the rubble, simple just pushing it off her like it were feathers. Her grin still showed and yet, she didn't look worried nor damaged.

YELLOW PEARL: (Dusting herself) Is that all you've got?

Peridot then dropped Steven, to concentrate on the fearful yellow Pearl, who came out of the rubble unscaved, and slowly walked towards her. She had lost her spear but simply produced another one from her gem, from her chest. Peridot weakly lifted up her arm, charging what power she had left but the pain was unbearable that surrounded her...but without hesitation the yellow Pearl slashed at her face, simply smashing her visor and shattering her eye, as black water-downed substance poured out of her, Peridot screamed...the yellow Pearl chuckled...she span around, spin-kicking Peridot...the impact making the poor green gem weaker than ever.

The yellow Pearl was enjoying this, she lowered her spear and walked around Peridot.

YELLOW PEARL: You know something, I never liked Peridots. I just think it's wrong to have limb enhancers, technology to make your pathetic existence worthwhile. You are nothing without them. Useless. Weak...pathetic! And then there was you...I hated you from the start and I knew you would mess up such a simple mission. (Grabs Peridot's face and squeezes it) I can help you. I can end it, the pain...(Laughs) Not that you'll have a choice, you'd be shattered when we get back to homeworld. Let me finish your suffering...I'll kill you with dignity.

PERIDOT: Fu...fuck you...

The yellow Pearl's smiles quickly disappear as soon as she was told that but then it slowly grew back and then she chuckled. Peridot could only stare back, weakly and worriedly.

YELLOW PEARL: You...wish!

Just then the Pearl lifts Peridot up and doesn't hesitate as she pushes her yellow spear into Peridot's chest, the green gem gags, and coughs out more green blood. Peridot closes her eyes as she starts to glow...within seconds, she becomes nothing but the gem from her forehead and lands hard on the floor. The yellow Pearl chuckles...she raises her foot over the Peridot gem, ready to shatter it...and then, she brings her foot down. The end of Peridot...

...

NOTES: I'll end this chapter here. Yes, I know...lot's and lot's of questions and all will be answered. I'll have the next chapter up soon...not sure when but soon.