Chapter 6

NOTES: This chapter will contain some swearing.

Peridot begins her story on what happened to Pearl:-

It was the temple of where the Homeworld warp was and within seconds Peridot transports herself there. She tries to run to the broken warp...and then suddenly, another gem appears not long after her. Pearl.

Peridot jumps onto the homeworld warp pad, trying to activate it but it was no use. The slabs were cracked and it was obvious that the warp didn't work but it didn't stop Peridot from trying. Pearl quickly saw what Peridot was doing and ran up to her...producing her spear from her head gem. Peridot growled and charged up her enhancer, getting ready to shoot but Pearl was quick...eventually Peridot shot at Pearl who easily jumped out of the way and dodging other shots...she was right next to Peridot, who didn't get time to react as Pearl whacked her spear across Peridot's face, knocking her easily down. Peridot groaned in pain and was ready to charge up again but Pearl had her spear pointing at Peridot's throat. The green gem whimpered...

PEARL: (Chuckles) Ha, I've got you Peridot. Garnet will be pleased that I caught an emery.

Peridot's whimpering became a form of pity, as a tear rolled down her cheek.

PERIDOT: Fine! Whatever! It doesn't matter anyway! Do what you...h-have to do...

PEARL: (Frowns) Wait...you're not going to put up a fight.

PERIDOT: What's the point? You win...

PEARL: I...don't understand.

PERIDOT: Why should you? You never gave me a chance. All you did was cause me trouble!

PEARL: Trouble? Excuse me, Peridot, but you're the one causing us trouble! You're the one who threatened us! You threatened Steven! How dare you?!

PERIDOT: (Starts crying) I...I just want to go home...I just want to go back to homeworld...

PEARL: (Almost in pity) You...you know I can't allow that.

PERIDOT: I...I know. So, do what you have to. Kill me, if that's what your gonna do. (Whispers) Oh Lapis...

PEARL: Lapis...?

PERIDOT: (Sniffs and wipes her tears) It doesn't matter.

There was something more to this...so Pearl lowered her spear to Peridot's relief and Pearl kneeled down to Peridot's level...but still had her spear at the ready in case Peridot attacks her or something...but instead Peridot sat in a semi-fetal position.

PEARL: What's going on, Peridot? Why did you mention Lapis's name?

PERIDOT: You won't understand. Why should I tell you?

PEARL: I asked, didn't I? And I think it's best you tell me everything before the rest get here.

Pearl had a good point. Peridot had heard stories of a renegade Pearl that had no mercy onto others and caused a lot of deaths to the homeworld gems during the war...this was the same Pearl...but she seemed to be lenient and a tad caring. If it meant being on the good side of this renegade Pearl, then she would co-operate...but it meant Peridot to open up a little, something she's hardly ever done...but now seemed to be the best time.

PERIDOT: My mission, my simple mission was to check on the cluster...

PEARL: What's that?