r i k u

Rin
finally, I could scribble on the tablet once again. My hands started shaking once more as I attempted to draw a crystal paradise. That occurency of my lost memories might have gotten to me. After all, It wasn't everyday you get a systematical error running in your veins , well, atleast, in my world. My eyes were slowly blurring as I let myself down --- quietly, I sighed and rubbed my temple as I soften down a grinding pain in my brain.

"What's happening?" I say as I grunted in obvious pain. My throat caught up with my breath and I felt something heavy weighing in my chest. I extended my arm out---trying to cry for help. "P-Please," my vision suddenly started flashing blurry lights as my dimmed surrounding made me drousy "Someone..." I say but broke down onto the cold default floor. That's right. I didn't start on anything yet. But all I remembered, is black.

~•~•~

"Oi~" someone poked my head "Are you dead?" the slowly sharpening figure blurted out. Confused, I raised my head from my current position. From there, I saw a familiarly looking little girl that might've been me. And a little boy trying to get her to wake up. The boy looked like my age back then, though, he isn't like the one i saw from my past flash back, he seems to look like an innocent yet outgoing boy. I can't do anything but stare.

I-Is this-
Am I remembering?

The little girl raised her head up high--- her eyes clouding with tears "N-No."
The little boy tilted his head at little Rin on a swing as she sniffed and hicced throughout her entire breakdown "Oh~" The little boy nodded in understanding and reached towards his bottom pocket. He then took out a peice of platic wrapped candy and handed it over "Here," he started to smile.

"H-Huh?" Little Rin gave him a weak and questioning look "W-What's that for?"
"Candy!" The little boy cheered and gave her a re assuring smile "Don't worry, I'm not like that mean evil king. It's not poison. Pinky swear." He held his right hand up in a pledgibg like manner.
Little me tilted her head "E-Evil k-king?"
"It's snow white's evil parent" he says rather proudly. Then, he took hold of her wrists and opened her palms towards him "Open this," he instructed then placed the single candy on my former self's hand. Little me gawks"W-Why a c-" The boy helds up his pointer finger infront of her face---signalling her to be silent. Dumfoundedly, little me kept quiet and nodded a small okay after a small pause.

The boy gestured for her to look up and Rin obliged obediently. I for one, looked up as well. My jaw almost dropped dead on the floor as I saw an abundant and beautiful starry sky emmiting from above the three of us. Hiding behind a bush or not, I can see the little boy smiling and sat behind the past me "Beautiful huh?"

Even if I am just a figment of a fragment of this memory, I can already see that this boy isn't harmful at all. He's just like my dad.

Warm and comforting.

After a moment of silence, Little me seemed to be at peace. She just stared blankly at the sky, half of her face being covered by her front hair. Her eyes almost twinkling with delight--- her emotions poured onto her eye's unique wonder.
"Are you okay now?" the little boy leaned back and looked over his shoulder. She nodded and looked back at him. I could almost felt the slightly friendly bind they have between them "Umm..." He started smiling "Why were you crying?" he asked with his eyes filled with wonder.
Little me looked down at her toes then a frown quickly replaced her emotionless lip "I-It's nothing." she sighed "W-Why are you helping me? "

"Mommy always said that helping others is a good boy deed." He sheepishly smiled and laughed "I gave you that candy so that you can smile too! Daddy says making other people smile is like having a magical power that you can cast on anyone!" He stretched his hands upwards the sky like he was demostrating a palm of magic.
"s-smile?" Little me started thinking "B-But why a candy? "
"I always smile whenever daddy gives me candy." He explains "Whenever I'm sad, he gives me two peices. And he gives me three pieces when I did a good deed." he lifted his finger up to his chin as if he was thinking "Maybe I could give you some too!"
She smiled a little and nodded "sure."

~•~•~

My mind started going bonkers bit by bit. A Kaleidoscope phenomenon stars to race around me. Two flash backs in one day?
Suddenly, the atmosphere changes around me. The sky never looked like the one the boy and little me saw, it was scarier and rather duller than usual.
An unfamiliar aura started to circle on me.

It wasn't long ti'll little me appeared. Her face was sour and was bursting in tears as she ran towards me. I was frozen in place as she went pass me like I was a hologram. Huh.. As If im really.
My gaze landed over my shoulder as I stared at her running into the, what i suppose the same boy as earlier. "Riku-kun!" she calls out with fear and anger.

Riku...?

"I'm scared." I cried out "Daddy's not been eating and he's always so agitated whenever he sees the news!" My current self almost jolts in surprise as Little me started bursting into tears louder. Riku nodded and his eyes started becoming glossy "M-Mommy says we wouldn't understand yet." he hugged her and carefully careesed the back of her head "But she says it'll be okay."
"daddy said that too." she sniffed "But h-he started building s-something and I was so confused." she kept burrying her face onto his chest as Riku slowly nods "Mommy says it is gonna be okay." he smiles re assuringly making her raise her gaze "Let's trust them okay?" and then, she nodded and hummed weakly.

I didn't know what was going on, nor do I want to know. Because judging by. The surroundings and how weird little me and Riku acted, something's up. And I'm pretty much worried that if I ever got the answer, I'd choke from the ultimate shock.
But there's something weird about the way they talk. Of I am to recall, I saw the so called "news" when I started to remember once before.

"R-Riku.. " She sniffed "If something bad happen-"
"I'll always be here." Riku butted in with worried yet comforting tone "And we'll still be friends.. Okay?"
The little girl nodded "Promise?"

"I promise."

~•~•~

My mind started swirling as I came back to my little virtual world. W-What? That was it?
I started rising up the cold floor. Though, I was a little woozy, I can still remember that memory very clearly.
My gaze landed down my hands as a gush of wind blew through my hair.

Riku...