Switched! - Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I woke up the next morning with my back aching. I peeked my eyes open to see the clock display on the VCR saying 10:45. I groaned and rolled over to see the back of our living room couch.

Our living room couch...

I jumped up excitedly.

I was home!

I dashed throughout the house smiling and touching everything. I ran into my room and plopped down on my bed. "I've missed you," I mumbled grabbing my teddy bear and holding him tight.

'Wait, how did I get here?' I thought trying to figure out how I'd gotten back here. I shrugged and figured Tyler must've gotten us up early and driven us home. Either I'd been tired and I didn't remember or he'd just carried me. The thought of that made my lips curl up in a smile. That would've gotten Sophia riled up.

I heard a knock on my door and Logan popped his head in. I held my breath waiting for him to freak out, but he didn't. "Hey Ellie, I'm going to be here for the day so if you want to go out and do whatever you were going to with Kaylie you can."

I looked at him confused, "Okay?"

He nodded and closed the door again.

I stared at my wall for a second. Shouldn't he be freaking out if Sophia Marsh was sitting on my bed in my bedroom? Unless...

I shrieked excitedly and ran across the room to my mirror and screamed.

"I'm me!" I touched my face and shrieked again before pinching myself to make sure I was dreaming, "I'm back in my own body!"

My door creaked open and I spun around to see Emma rubbing her eyes looking at me curiously, "Why are you yelling Ellie?"

I shrieked again and ran over and picked her up, twirling around and laughing while hugging her tightly, "I've missed you so much Em!"

She looked at me strangely, "But you just saw me last night..."

"But it feels like forever!"

I set her down and proceeded to run around hugging everyone and getting strange looks from each of them. Tom and Owen also gave me the typical "Eew!"'s and "Yuck!"'s I got whenever I hugged either of them.

I then realized I should call Alexa and give her the good news. Plus... I had some explaining to do.

I ran into my room grabbing MY cell phone off MY night stand next to MY bed, and quickly punched in her number.

She answered on the second ring, "Hello?"

"Eeh!" I shrieked happily, "Alexa I have great news! I'm back! I'm me again!"

"Who is this?" she asked sounding confused.

"Ellie," I said laughing, "Who else would it be?"

"I don't know an Ellie. I think you have the wrong number."

I leaned my head against my wall, "What do you mean? Alexa it's me! Ellie! I mean I know you might be mad at me for leaving so suddenly, but Jayden was mad and I didn't know-"