Switched! - Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ellie's POV -

"I'm going to head out."

I looked up from my spot on the couch. He was wearing darker denim jeans and a black sweater. He looked more dressed up than usual.

"Where are you going?" I asked confused.

He chuckled, "its Thanksgiving Soph."

My jaw dropped, "Really! Oh my gosh I didn't realize it was that close!" I got excited thinking about all the yummy foods. And my mom's stuffing, oh she made the best stuffing-

Then it hit me. I was here. I wouldn't get to have her stuffing or my grandma's amazing sweet potatoes. I frowned and stared at the wall. This would be the first time in my life... ever... that I wasn't with my whole family.

Jayden must've noticed my mood change because he sat down next to me, "What's wrong?"

"This Thanksgiving is going to be so lonely," I breathed out sadly.

"Well, I always offer to take you with me but you always say you'd rather stay here," he shrugged.

I looked up at him, "All alone? Every year..?"

He nodded, "I mean, it's what you say you want."

I felt bad for Sophia at that moment. I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to have no family and not spend time with them at the holidays. That was the time that I looked forward to all year long. No wonder she was so miserable...

He scratched the back of his head awkwardly, "I mean... if you'd like... you could come with me..?"

I looked up at him hopefully, "Could I? It'd be nice to see Alexa again," I looked down sheepishly, "Plus I don't want to be alone."

A smile broke out onto his face, "I'd love for you to come."

"Alright give me 5 minutes and I'll be ready." I said and got off the couch, heading into the bedroom.

"Only five? Don't you need at least a half an hour to pick out your outfit, and then another two on your hair and make-up?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Do you think I need to spend that much time on my appearance?"

He shook his head nervously, "No!"

I laughed at his expression, and glanced in the mirror across the room, "I think my hair looks fine. I'll just throw on some jeans and a t-shirt. You don't mind if I borrow a hoodie do you?"

He shook his head and smiled, "I think it's cute when you wear my clothing."

I ducked into the bedroom quickly, feeling my face redden.

"Smooth, sweet, charming, cute jerk," I mumbled smiling.

Sophia's POV -

"I don't think I have everyone's names down!" I franticly cried to Kaylie. People were starting to arrive, and I was currently hiding in her room in just my underwear.

"And what am I supposed to wear! I have no idea what Ellie would wear!" I wrinkled my nose as I shuffled through the clothing in her closet, "Probably something completely out of style and ugly."