Chapter 2

The next two hours became a blur. A flash of the world passing the car windows. I fell asleep only opening my eyes to see the current place that we were. My parents making small talk as the radio played softly in the background. The country covered in snow, my entire view nothing of white and bare trees. What a sad sight when you're stuck in such a cabin fever. I can't wait for the trees to bounce back to life full and alive. I even miss the smell of rain bringing the earthy smells swirling in the breeze, and pitter patter across the window. Before I could ask where we were I felt my eyes growing heavy. Burning with the desire of sleep. My eyes fell close and the world became silent.

My eyes were open, yet I wasn't in a place I knew. I was in a forest the Earth soft under my feet. The fog danced in between the tall trees, making the distance hard to see. There were no birds singing on the branches, I felt completely alone. I looked around there was nothing but Earth and silence. From what I could see of the sky it held a gray shade, as if a storm was making its way. My heart was throbbing, I didn't understand the fear that was locked in my throat. The air around me grew thick and cold as if it filled around my entire body.

"Find me" I hear a whisper from behind me. Quickly I turned to see who was the one I called company in these strange woods. No one was there but the foggy forest waiting for life to fill it. My heart began to beat faster, I could feel it trying to escape my chest. My feet glue to the ground, the ache to want to run but where do I go. I have no idea where I am ,which way would lead me home. I looked around fast taking in every bit of the forest to be sure that I was alone. Not a single living creature was in my sight. I don't know what is worst, knowing there is someone here that I cannot see, or that I was completely alone. I could feel breath down my neck, cool and gentle breathing on the exposed skin. I could feel the ghastly breath shake from my neck down to my toes. My breathe became fast as I could feel the panic quiver in my stomach. I didn't want to turn around I wanted to run, run as far and fast as I could. I took a deep breathe terrified to see what was breathing down my neck. I slowly turn hearing the breath as it was growing louder. I felt my heart stop, the wave of shock making my body entirely still. My eyes couldn't look away I couldn't make a sound. My scream traped within as I tried to shake the fear off. A woman stood in front of me, pale almost as gray as the angry sky that hung above me. Her hair long dark hair blowing in the wind that I could not feel. Her eyes blue as the sea, and like the sea endless. Dark circles fill under her eyes blood covering her face and her white long dress that she wore. What scared me the most was the fact her lips were sewn shut. The string black and tight with crusty blood giving the color to the white lips that were held together. The sweet smell of roses overwhelmed so sweet it became bitter. I finally took a breath and scream, a piercing scream that only bounced off the forest walls. I feel back to the soft wet ground, mud covering my hands as I landed.

I closed my eyes,"wake up wake up wake up" I begged myself, trying to get myself to wake up and leave this hell that I found myself in. I opened my eyes to see this woman standing there. Her eyes now black hollow as a hole in the ground. Darkness filled where once the blue sea hung. She stood there staring at me, waiting for something, something I didn't know to give her. I wanted to get up but the fear took over once again , I was left there, waiting for anything to happen.

" Who are you?" I whispered the only voice I could shake out of me. She looked behind me and pointed. I turned around to see where she was pointing. The end of the woods was in view. The edge to give light and a blue sky, it was a different world. What I saw was a an old white victorian house, it had a beautiful wrap around porch where chairs sat for evenings to sit and watch the sun set. A garden filled with lilacs bushes and roses, flowers of all kind. It was beautiful. The only other house in view was a simlar yellow house only one story. I turned to ask what the house meant to find the woman had disappeared. I stood up mud caked onto my clothes and hands. I looked around searching for the woman trying to find her. I looked back to the house that was there, the sun shining down.

"Find me," I heard the same chilly voice haunt the air. I ran toward the edge of woods. Running as fast as I could trying not to trip over the fallen branches. I could see it coming close to I could feel the sun warming my skin. The fog was lifting I was almost there. My heart pumping fast as I told myself to keep moving, keep my feet moving, no looking back get to the house I kept repeating. I was running the air whipping my face, I almost felt as if I were flying through the air to the haven that stood at the edge of the woods. I was nearly there, I could smell the flowers. I was ready to step foot into the light and that's when everything turned black.
"Irelynn!" I woke up to my mothers voice. I jumped up, my heart was still racing, sweat layering my skin. I was in the car, I saw my parents looking at me waiting for to me be back apart of their world.

"Where are we?" I asked, feeling better that it was just a horrible dream.
"Home" My father smiled as he was getting out of the car. My mother followed behind him walking toward the house that will be my new home. I leaned toward the window to get the glimpse of the house. My heart froze, my heart stopped. The house from my dream stood waiting for me.