The Reporter

RAVEN QUEEN'S POV

I had been in my room mostly after the pool incident. Since then I've received 12 apology texts from Kurt, and 35 from Peter. I didn't want to speak to either of them at the moment. I didn't know what was wrong with them., but I felt it. Felt the tension between them when I literally was.

One text I got was from neither Peter nor Kurt, but Jubilee. She was the only one in the school who didn't make an entire news article about what happened.

•Hey, V!!! Can I meet u somewhere?

•Sure, why not?

•Killa!!!!!! Meetcha in the park in 12 ;)

I changed into the fastest, matching wear I could find in 12 minutes. I wanted to go with a western/hip-hop style in case of any weather challenges. Just to be one the safe side.

I strode out of my dorm and into the hallway. If Jubilee wanted to meet me in that park so early in the morning there had to be an important reason! Right?

I kept my head down to assure that the lesser of students recognized me. That was until....

Boom!

"Hey, watch where you're going!" I looked up to see I had rammed into a dirty blonde girl. She wore glasses, a yellow shirt, and plaid skirt. Her chin was dented and her cheeks were quite red. A frown bore into her face. "This is a new shirt!"

"Jeez, Little Ms. Angrybird. I'm sorry."

"You better be. I was on my way to an interview with Hank McCoy! How am I supposed to go with that new-girl smell all over me?!" She bawled

I looked at my watch during her outburst and slipped past her. "I'm gonna kill you if I don't make it to that interview on time."

"Yeah? Well, I gotta be somewhere too, sister. So," her hand grabbed by wrist just as I turned to leave her. "You're Viola Ravenne, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am? So what?"

"I'm Amanda Millsworth, level 1 reporter for the X-n-X newspapers. I just want to know your thoughts about yesterday's fight, or should I say 'water' fight!" She flicked a mic to my mouth, very unhesitant.

"No comment! I gotta go!" I swatted the mic away from me and left the reporter in the hall.

Jubilee and I sat on the public bench in the park. Before us lay a cement trail that swirled from left to right. A beautiful tree rose behind us, and it's fallen leaves brushed our faces.

"Reminds me of the park I used to go to as a girl. Well, minus the ravens."

"So you're good with ravens, huh?"

"Yeah, ever since I was a little girl."

"Can you, like, summon them?"

"It varies."

"Try now."

"Like now?"

"Yeah, c'mon!"

"I don't know, it really does vary."

"I swear I won't laugh if it doesn't work. So let's go," Jubilee nudged me with her elbow, and nodded to the field that faced us. Seeing how I couldn't convince her otherwise, I got up and walked to the grassy center.

I separated my arms and lifted them, forming a t with my body. Chanting to myself, I recited quietly: