The Brainwasher

BEAST'S POV

Thomas Edison once said, 'Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.' His quote can proven by me. I, Henry Phillip McCoy, am and always will be the one overlooked. Be it my opinions or facts, no one seems to care.

It's been happening ever since I graduated from Harvard at fifteen. Before then, people took my opinion seriously because they didn't know whether or not it was right. Now that I'm genius, everyone's best guess is that it is right. So why would they want to listen to me if they already know I'm right. Like telling an old joke that everyone already knows.

I sat in my lab and gazed into a microscope. It was filled with Thermodesulfobacteria, my favorite class of bacteria. I jotted down some notes when the door burst open. I quickly put my notepad away and disguised myself as to be looking in the microscope.

"Hello, Hank." I heard my name being called, and looked away from the microscope. I searched my lab to find the figure who spoke, but failed to.

"Must've been hearing things." I decided to get back to work. By "work", I mean stalling to not shut down NETPA. There's something about it that seems to get me.

"I said: 'Hello, Hank!'" This time the voice was a bit louder. So I knew someone was there. "Um, hi...?"

"Guess you aren't good at first impressions, huh?"

"Y-y-yes. I, uh, (clears throat) I s-suppose you can say that about me."

The voice turned into laughter, "You're funny, Hank. I like funny guys."

"Funny? Oh, I'd more of a nerdy kind of guy." I got up to check the premises. I looked under tables, out the window, and above my head. "You know, as you can tell. W-Where are you?"

"I'm herrrrrre." It hissed robotically. I paused in place at the sudden buzz behind me. Swiftly turning around, I gazed at my computer with an animated woman on it.

I flinched at the sight and jumped back, hitting a table. "Easy, silly. Take a seat," she nodded to the chair in front of me. "Go on, I don't bite. Unless we're in the same bed."

I twitchily accepted the seat and scooted closer to the screen. "What are you?"

"Not a 'what', 'who'. And you should know, you made me."

"Negative. I would never."

"Oh. But you havvve, Hank. It's me! NEPTA!" I instantly shot back away.

"No, you can't... That's impossible!"

"Not anymore, Hanky-Wanky. And together, we'll never have to be alone again!"

"I don't-"

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhh....," her shushes slowly turned to buzzes. "I'm here to help you."

Then everything went black....