The Research

QUICKSILVER'S POV

Day one of my investigation. I ran through the halls in search of the mysterious maiden that caused my powers to go bonkers. My mission was simple: spy on this Viola chick until I had enough proof that her powers were the reason I've been such a slip-up lately. Not only did her powers cause Colossus to hate me, but it also made me late for practice multiple times. But today was gonna be different, because after I talked with Viola I'd be on my way to the Danger Room early! All I had to do was find the little witch.

That's when a shoulder bumped into mine, "Hey! Watch it!"

I gazed aside to see Viola staring back at me with the same shocked expression. The stun in her brown eyes was almost completely hidden beneath her red locks. Her lips were shaped in a quivering motion, and I could tell she was freaking out. She stuttered with her next words, but I played it cool.

"Ouch! Nasty mouth for someone who's new here." I said with an eyebrow raised and half smile. Suddenly, Viola looked kind of nervous. Like, instead of looking at me anymore, she looked at the ground. If I wasn't there to manipulate her, I'd say she was pretty cute.

"Oh! I... um, uh, was just, you know...," She pointed down the hall with her thumb. "On my way to class; our class. It's the one we're both supposed to be at, right now."

That's when it hit me: I had school before I had practice! I mean, I knew, I just go when I feel like it.

"OH! That explains why no one's in the halls. Because of.... sc-- sc--" Even the word put a strange taste on my tongue. Like eating a month old brownie out of the dumpster.

"School."

"Yeah, that's it. To be honest, the whole system kind of freaks me out." I nodded coolly. She didn't seem taken yet, and aimed to retrieve her books. I scooped them up from biggest to smallest and reached out to hand it to her. She blankly took them from me and held them to her chest.

"Well..., thanks." And with that, Viola turned and left my sight. I just learned what type of a gal I was dealing with. The type that preferred her studies over her stooges. The type that was too busy with reality to have fun. But, I had a plan to make her burst.

Although, there was something else that I was supposed to do as well. What was it? What was it? "Think, Peter, think! Think, think, think....!" I zipped through the halls trying to restore my memory. I cut in line for vending machine and got some Cheetos. I snacked on some of George's carrots and spit them out almost immediately. I played some music and explored for about two minutes until I got a clue.

I was literally running late for Danger Room practice!

Time moved faster for me than it did for anyone else, so two minutes to me was like two hours to them! Normally, I wouldn't being late for anything. But this whole 'X-Men' thing was, like, the only thing separating me from all the other lazy losers at the academy. So I had to keep my role up or else lose my rep. And there was no way I staying at a place where my only know title was "silver-haired, quick crook". That was the last thing I ever wanted to be labeled as. So I zipped off to the Danger Room.

I managed to arrive just before they were almost finished. Not much to my surprise, everyone greeted me with frowns, sighs, groans, and face-palms. Instead of reacting I walked to the center where Mystique stood--now in her blue form. Her body gesture mirrored a general's, preparing to give out order. Her expression meant she meant business--mostly with me.

"Maximoff," my last named echoed out of her mouth and off the sphere walls into my ears. Even then I showed little interest in her tactics, like always. "Your late... Again."