Chapter 11

"How long have you been standing there, Gin?" Fred groaned. As he rubbed his eyes and sat up, he pulled the blankets with him. Hermione gave a yelp of surprise and yanked the covers back over her chest, causing Ginny to giggle. "Sorry, Min."

"I've been here in the flat for about a half hour. I thought you were at the shop," Ginny explained, gesturing at Fred. "And I thought Hermione had popped out and was just running late for our date. Then George floo called, wondering where the hell you were. I got suspicious and now here I am."

Fred looked down at Hermione and asked, "A date? How many Weasleys do you plan on juggling at one time? Should I write out a rotation?"

"We're going out furniture shopping, for the baby," Hermione laughed. She rolled over, grabbed her wand from the nightstand, and summoned her bathrobe.

"You never told me you were going out furniture shopping."

"That's what happens when you're a stubborn git. You get left out of plans. What time is it?"

"Eleven-Thirty," Ginny answered.

"Shit," Fred moaned. He was supposed to be at the shop by eight that morning. George was sure to be fuming by now.

"Give me a quick fifteen minutes to shower and I'll be ready to go," Hermione said to Ginny. His sister smirked at them before leaving and closing the door. "We were supposed to leave at eleven to have lunch and then pick out baby furniture," Hermione explained, slipping out of bed and shrugging on her robe.

"Why didn't my sister seem more surprised to find us in bed together?" Fred retrieved his boxers from the floor and pulled them on.

"Because she's my best friend and I tell her things."

Fred came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Did you tell her you've fancied me for eight years."

"No, that has been my own little secret." Hermione twisted around craned her neck back to look at him. "She's only known for a few months." She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his chin, grumbling, "I need to grow a few inches."

"Come here," Fred laughed. He sat down own the edge of the bed, pulling Hermione onto his lap. "I can adjust." He kissed her and fairies fluttered in his stomach when her lips melted into his. He could definitely get used to this.

"I shouldn't keep your sister waiting," Hermione whispered.

"She's a patient lass," Fred said dismissively, kissing her again.

As if on cue, Ginny's voice rang through the hallway, "If you two are in there snogging, I swear I'll hex you both!"

"You were saying?" Hermione laughed. She quickly kissed him one more time and hurried out the door, to the bathroom. Fred briefly thought about sneaking in and joining her in the shower, but he figured he had already tested his siblings' patience enough. He dug his jeans out from under Hermione's bed and made his way out to the kitchen. Ginny was sitting at the table, grinning like a cheshire cat.

"Did you have a nice night?" she teased.

"Very nice, thank you for asking." Fred rummaged through the refrigerator until he found leftover sausages and roast potatoes. He arranged them on a plate and popped them into the microwave. "You've used this blasted thing before. How long should I set the timer for without setting off the damn smoke alarm?"

"One minute should do the trick."

Fred carefully punched up the numbers and started the microwave. "Was George upset when he called earlier?"