Snake Eyes {10}

The next day, I went over to Shaw and couldn’t help but smile widely. He cocked his head to the side, his eyes hungry with curiosity.

                “He kissed me. More than once,” I said quietly, my smile growing a little wider.

                “Aw! My little Mark lost his kiss virginity!” he said with a wide grin. “And maybe his actual virginity,” he added with a wink.

                “Grow up you pervert! I’m not going to lose that in high school!” I cried and playfully shoved him. He smirked wider. “Sure Marky. That’s what they all say,” he said smugly.

                “Shaw!” I said with a deep frown. “Stop it! You know I never would!”

                “Never would what?”

                I jumped and Maxx grinned. “Hey Mark. Sorry to sneak up on you. Just wanted to say hi and make sure we’re still up for hanging out afterschool,” he said.

                I nodded shyly and blushed, remembering the kissing. I looked down at my feet. “Y-Yea we’re still on for hanging out afterschool,” I said, my voice also shy.

                Maxx tipped my head up so that I was only a few centimeters away from his lips. My heart stopped as he grinned. “Good. And you have nothing to be shy about Mark,” he breathed.

                He released my chin and took a step back. “I’ll find you at your locker again, I guess. See you then,” he said with that flirtatious wink. He turned and strolled away, probably going off in search of Chandler.

                “He wants to the dick,” Shaw said with a nod.

                “Shaw! Stop it!” I said and laughed, elbowing him in the stomach. He stuck his tongue out at me and playfully shoved me.

                “So does this mean I can kiss you now?” he asked and winked.

                “No! Ew,” I said and turned my head away from him, trying not to laugh at his pout.

                His face suddenly lit up and he grinned at me. “You should take him to your house so he can meet your grandpa,” he said and laughed.

                “Oh god no! He’ll never talk to me again if he meets my grandpa when he’s in World War Two mode!” I cried miserably.

                “Aw, come on! It’d be an interesting conversational piece,” he said in amusement. The bell exploded and I grabbed his arm and dragged him to class, just wanting to get on with this day already so I could hang out with Maxx.

                The day seemed to rush by, and then Shaw and I were at my locker once again, the day over. My heart was slamming as I saw Maxx and Chandler walking over to me out of the corner of my eye.

                “I thought Chandler wasn’t hanging out with us,” I said curiously once they reached me.

                Maxx exploded into laughter as Chandler pouted. “Fine Mark! I see how it is! You’re too good for me,” he whined.

                I blushed and shook my head violently. “No! That’s not what I meant! I…uh…You said you had to babysit so I was just wondering why…” I stopped talking and nervously chewed on my lip.