Snake Eyes {18}

***Mark’s POV***

                “So Maxx apparently isn’t a cheater. Either that or I’m uglier than I thought,” Nick said and frowned.

                “Nick, you’re fucking hot. If you didn’t have a boyfriend, I would bang you,” Shaw said with an affirmative nod. Nick laughed.

                “Nick, you have a boyfriend? He won’t get mad, will he?” I asked nervously. Nick had just told us everything that had happened with Maxx.

                Nick laughed and shook his head. “Don’t worry about it Mark. My boyfriend, Nolan, knew I was doing this. I told him. He’s not mad. He knows I was just helping you and Shaw out,” he said with a reassuring smile.

                I relaxed a little, but my thoughts were on Maxx. “You’re being completely honest Nick? He didn’t seem like he would’ve cheated at all?” I asked.

                “I’m being honest with you Mark. I told you everything that happened like it happened. He didn’t look like he was going to cheat, even if I stripped and fell to my knees right then and there. And we were completely alone except for that Chandler kid, who wasn’t even near us at the time I was flirting. I don’t think you have a cheater on your hands Mark,” Nick said with a shrug.

                “I don’t know. I think there’s something up with him and Chandler. Nick, do you think you can do some detective work for us?” Shaw asked.

                Nick shrugged again and nodded. “Sure. What do you need me to do?”

                “Maxx went to Green High (A.N.- Made the school name up, and realized it sounds like a pot school. Aha, yea…) before he switched back to our school. Don’t you have a friend there?” Shaw asked and Nick nodded.

                “Yea! My buddy Braxton goes to that school,” he said.

                Shaw grinned and slung an arm around my shoulders. “Can you ask Braxton if he knows anything about Maxx and Chandler? Or just Maxx in general?” he asked and Nick nodded eagerly.

                He smiled and stood up. “I don’t have my phone on me, otherwise I’d do it right now. I’ll head home and get a hold of him. I’ll meet up with you guys tomorrow and tell you everything that Braxton tells me,” he said.

                He began to head towards Shaw’s door to leave and paused, turning back to me. “Mark, the only thing is that…it’s almost like he knew why I was there. I don’t think I was really obvious or anything, but he just seemed suspicious of me. Almost like that had happened to him before. I don’t know.” He bit his lip before turning and leaving Shaw’s room. We listened to his front door shut a minute later.

                “Shaw, do you think that Maxx is up to something?” I asked quietly.

                Shaw wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his lap. “I don’t know Mark. I wish I did,” he said with a frown.

                “Keep it PG in here Shaw,” his mom, Lily, said, standing in the doorway. She raised an eyebrow at Shaw. “PG. That means don’t do anything bad. Nothing. Or else I’ll hit you with the newspaper again Shaw.”

                Shaw pouted. “That actually hurt,” he whined.

                “So does sex. So don’t have it,” Lily said sternly before leaving Shaw’s bedroom. Shaw stuck his tongue out after her and I rolled my eyes.