Chapter 16: Songwriting

Megan's POV (first one yay)

"Go! He's right there!" Keirsy said, pushing me forward. She pointed to Ross, at his locker. I rolled my eyes. Do I really have to do this? I thought.

I nervously walked to Ross. I mean he is pretty cute, but I'm wreaking a relationship! It's all because of Keirsy. I tapped on Ross's shoulder. He turned around.

"Hi! I'm Megan." I said. Ross smiled at me and stuck out his hand. "Ross Lynch. What's up?" He asked politely. "Um I'm new here and I was wondering if you could, you know, show me around?" I asked him nervously. "Of course! Just let me put my things away." Ross said. He turned back around and put the rest of his stuff in his locker. After that, he shut it and turned back to me.

"So what grade are you in?" He asked as we started walking. "I'm in eleventh. What about you?" I asked, even though I knew. "I'm a senior." Ross said. I nodded my head and we walked in silence until we got to a classroom. "This is Mrs. Corman's room. You'll get her as a science teacher. She's pretty cool." He told me.

We walked around the school and got back to his locker. "Well that's the whole school!" Ross said, leaning against his locker. Get in his head. I remembered. I walked closer to him and touched his arm. His smile faded a bit and looked at my hand on his arm. Ross shrugged my hand off and stood a bit more stiffly. "Um your welcome." He said uncomfortably. "Can I have your number? You know just incase I need anything else?" I asked him. "Sure.." He trailed. Ross pulled out a piece of paper and I handed him a pen. He wrote his number and handed it to me. I took it out of his hand. "Thanks. Oh and maybe we can do something later." I winked at him. He nodded his head slowly.

I turned around and walked back to Keirsy who was hiding behind the wall. "Happy?" I asked her in exasperation. I kept on walking, making her follow me. "A bit. You need to get him interested in you more, not weirded out." She stated. "Whatever." I said, crossing my arms. I really do hate what I'm doing.

Ross's POV

Man that was weird. An eleventh grader hitting on me! I shook it off and started to head back to my dorm room. Suddenly I got a text from Laura.

FROM: Laura ❤️💛

Wanna do something tonight??

TO: Laura❤️💛

Yeah! What do you wanna do?

FROM: Laura❤️💛

Let's write a song 😉

TO: Laura ❤️💛

Sounds great. I'll be over in a few minutes.

I pressed the lock screen button and walked down the hallway to my dorm. I unlocked the door of my room and set my backpack down. I made sure I had my keys and headed straight to Laura's room.

When I got there, I knocked on her door. She opened it up, smiling at me. "Let's write a song!" Laura exclaimed, wrapping her arms around me. "Wow your excited!" I said, walking into her room. It was the same as usual. "I've just never wrote a song with anybody before." Laura said, grabbing her book.

After 2 hours, we finally made a song. "Let's re-sing it, just to make sure it's good." She said. I nodded and picked up Laura's guitar again.

Never known anyone like you before

Someone who could make me smile

When I'm falling down on the floor

Never laughed so hard 'till I met you