Chapter 3

Taylor's house was lovely and smelled of oranges and spice. The formal sitting room had older fashioned furniture, but it was nicely kept and was very comfortable. Across the hall from the formal sitting room was the music room, there was a baby grand piano in the formal sitting room and a grand piano in the music room. The music room also had a harp, four different cellos, and three different types of violins, along with book cases filled with sheet music from all over the world. Just down the hall was Taylor's father's den/office, and across the hall from his office was her mother's own office. And then there was the kitchen.

Taylor knocked on her father office door and heard him tell her to come in. Taylor opened the sliding dark wood doors and smile. "Hello Princess." Her father said looking up from his paper. "Daddy, we have visitors." She said and then looked to see where Brown and Gray were. They slowly peeked around the corner into the den. Gray bowed respectfully, while Brown held his head high defiantly. Taylor looked at Brown and arched an eye brow, while pursing her lips and then crossed her arms and looked at her father who smiled. Taylor nodded and drove the heel of her foot into the side of Brown's knee, causing him to crumple to the ground. "That's the second time you've shown immense disrespect towards myself and on my land. Next time I won't be so...lenient," she said, her tongue forming the words to her opponent carefully. She turned and walked away so she could run up stairs and get changed.

-David's POV (Taylors Dad)-

I looked up from my paper as soon as one of the sliding wooden doors opened to my office. The heavy scent of tobacco from my pipe wafted in the room. I saw the genuine smile of my baby girl as she opened the door. "Hello Princess." I called and then the other scents hit me. Two unidentified males were here in my home. What was Taylor up to now? One of the males smelt submissive, but not scared...he seemed respectful of Taylor and my lands. The other seemed cocky and full of lust for my daughter. I could smell the testosterone almost dripping off of him. This one smelled wild like he hadn't been with a pack for years, but the other smelt like he was tamer, and had a pack, but there was no pack scent on him, just the scent of one other wolf. I watched as Taylor beckoned the two males towards the door. The brunette didn't appear to have any sense of respect and that made me upset, but it made Taylor angry. I smiled at her and watched, as she, quick as lightening; kicked the brunette's leg in. I was surprised that it didn't break; she must not have kicked him too hard. I chuckled internally to myself and sighed with satisfaction, watching Taylor leave.

"Please gentlemen, come sit down." I said offering the two seats in front of my desk to them, to which both men cautiously came and took a seat in front of me. "Well, it isn't very often my daughter brings men home...let alone two." I said chuckling heartily. The brunette was looking uneasy, and the blonde sat straight up, but not in an awkward nor comfortable fashion. "Might I have the pleasure of your names?" I asked lighting my pipe once again and I began smoking it. The Blonde was going to answer first but was cut off as the Brunette answered first. "I am Rame' I've come from the south of France. I've been searching for a mate for the past eight years." Rame' said still holding his head high. I nodded and jotted some things down in a note pad of yellow paper, with the blue and dark pink lines. "My name is Andrew Levine, I am the Alpha of the Newfin Pack up north. I've hear disturbing rumors and unfortunately I have been away from my actual pack for a number of years due to some family troubles that had to be dealt with." Andrew said nodding.

"Well, it's nice to meet you both." I said turning my pipe upside down and tapping out the remaining tobacco into an ash tray and then putting more tobacco into the pipe and lighting it once again. "I do feel it's only fair to warn you though, Taylor is my oldest child, and in her 19th human year. She has found her mate, but has yet to accept him. Taylor is a very strong and high spirited girl." I said taking a long breath, inhaling the smooth aroma and taste of the tobacco. "She doesn't wish to be mated, or have pups as of yet. My kudos to you both, if you can change her mind." I said and then stood up. Andrew was the first to reach out to shake my hand; he had a firm grip, not threatening but a good sturdy hand shake. Unfortunately so did Rame', but his hand shake was a daunting one, he was trying to scare me off. I kept squeezing his hand until I felt his pinky snap like a twig. I watched his face only to see him clench his jaw and flare his nostrils at the pain. "Well, why don't you two go to the formal sitting room down the hall and Taylor will be right down." I said and then took a seat in my office chair. I watched as the men left towards the formal sitting room.