Chapter 1

I sat in the one of the high backed kitchen chairs, my hand pushing my already messy chestnut bangs up out of my face. I had recently made the mistake of going to a cheaper barber and when I had told her to shorten my bangs SLIGHTLY and to make them fall in a 'swooping' type of style and the stupid cow cut my bangs straight across, so thusly I was growing them out and now they were completely unmanageable.

I couldn't even curl them properly any more. Oh well. My name is Taylor Shelby Cellent and I am proud to say that I am 19 years old and the oldest of 6 other children; four younger brothers and two younger sisters. I was born into the good graces of my parents, the Alpha's of the Stark pack. Our pack was the second largest in the state, but we had the respect more-so than the other two packs in the state. My parents just couldn't seem to grasp the fact that I wasn't in the least bit worried about finding my own mate, even though they had found each other in high school. I just was busy, with work and school. I had graduated a year early from high school and I had already been taking concurrent enrollment classes my junior year, and now I was in my 'official' second year of college and 'unofficially' my third.

I looked up from my now soggy cereal that stared lamely at me and my intruding spoon. My mother had just entered the kitchen and was pouring herself a cup of coffee. "I still just don't understand why you want to go to school instead of searching for your mate! Your father and I have offered to send you abroad for a year so maybe you'd have a chance to find a mate and start making pups. We're not getting any younger you know." Her mother said. "Mom, you know I love you...I just don't love you...you know, that much." I answered standing up and taking my bowl over to the kitchen sink. My mom and I eyeballed each other before we both started laughing.

Despite our crude jokes to each other my mom was really my best friend. I didn't hide things from her, I didn't need to, she was the easiest person to talk to and although we disagreed about some things and sometimes she was disappointed in what I did she was still easy to talk to. "Mom, we've talked about this. It's not that I don't want a mate, I just don't want one...right now. I'm just not ready to be myself, with someone else." I said shrugging. "I know honey, but we worry about you. I want your sisters and brothers to be able to look up to you." My mom said and then glanced at the clock on the oven. "Oh! You better hurry; you'll be late if you don't." She said spanking my bum and sending me on my way, while I squealed.

I ran down the short hall way to the stairs. I cried out as I almost slipped and fell as I was wearing thick wool socks on a clean wooden floor. I raced up the stairs two at a time; I really didn't want to be late on the first day of school. I was just getting ready to start my first day of my last trimester of school before I got my Associates Degree. Luckily for me I only had 7 credit hours to go and so I could up my hours at work. As I raced to shower and get ready for the day I almost again slipped and fell while I was in the shower, although I didn't fall, I stubbed my toe really hard. I hobbled around once I got out of the shower, while I was attempting to get dressed. When I finally was dressed, my toe started to feel slightly better. I sat down at the vanity in my bathroom and raked an expensive flat iron through my hair. It was terrible awful that I had to spend over $200 on a freakin' straightner. My hair was naturally curly and every time I blew dry it (which wasn't often) I looked like Jon Bon Jovi, in the 80's.

My hair had serious volume and attitude after a blow dry. I ran my straightener through thick waves of my hair and then voile! It was a finished master piece. I quickly ran some eye liner around my eyes and some mascara along my eyelashes, which accentuated my brilliant emerald green eyes. Although I didn't have any interest in looking for or finding my mate it couldn't hurt to tease the boys that I went to school with slightly, could it? I grabbed my school bag and my books and half ran, half hopped down the stairs while pulling my white tennis shoes on. There was no way I was getting too over dressed, it was just school, I wasn't going to the freakin' U.N. (United Nations), I walked out of the house clad in a light denim skirt and a baby pink Ralph Lauren polo shirt. It was a perfect spring day, and it was warm sunny afternoon and I was darn well going to enjoy it. I swung my messenger bag into the front seat of my baby blue Toyota Avalon and then climbed into the driver's side and drove off towards the college.

My first lesson of the day as human and family studies, oh my! Ha!!!!! Human studies! I walked into my class and started setting up my laptop, my book, and my note books. I made sure everything was in order. The class it's self was small and had ten gray folding tables, five down each side of the room where two to three people could sit, the walls were an...ecru? Or was it egg shell? Either way they were off-white, and the carpet was the dark gray industrial kind. Flopping down into my chair I waited for the other students to file in. Luckily, I didn't have to wait for long to be joined. The other students started to file in a couple here and there. But then my ears perked as a guy maybe a couple years older than I was walked in. He sat down, away from everyone. He looked like he was rather serious about this class.

He had more than just one Family and Human studies book and he had a state of the art lap top. He literally looked like he had just rolled out of bed, his hair was unkempt and it looked like he hadn't shaved for a couple of days. One of the sides of his button down shirt was tucked into his blue jeans, while the other side was not, and his eyes were blood shot, either from smoking weed or not from getting enough sleep. I watched him carefully. He was quiet and looked like he was making himself busy. What had piqued my interest about him? I tilted my head to the side and just stared at least I did until the professor came in. "Good day class this is the Family and Human Studies. I am passing out your syllabus and you'll see what lessons and chapters to prepare for each day." The professor who was an over-weight, bald man in his late 50's began the lesson.

I again raised my head when someone breezed into the class, about half way through it. "Ah I assume you're Mister Ray, find a seat and I suggest you take." The teacher said pointing his clip board towards some of the empty seats around the room. I looked up as the chair beside me slid out. "Hey, is it okay if I sit here?" Something or other Ray asked. "It's a free country." I said glancing up and barely awarding him with a smile. He sat down and combed his dark brown, longer hair behind his left ear. "I'm Connor." He whispered leaning towards me. The smell of his ruggedness immediately caught my attention. He smelt like leather, fresh laundry, and soap.

All of a sudden I just wanted to pull him to me and stick my nose in the cradle between his collar bone and neck, and I wanted to inhale his scent. "Taylor." I said involuntarily pointing my pencil, eraser towards myself. "What class do you have next?" Connor asked placing his hand on the table and then his chin on top of his hand. "Uh, European history." I whispered back, my breath catching in my throat. He smiled a very dazzling white smile, he had handsome blue eyes that were the color of the ocean after a storm, and Taylor seemed to get lost in those eyes. "What time is your lesson?" He asked taking her hand in his and then turning her hand over and drawing circles and figure eights in the palm of her hand before looking up at her again. The touch he was so infectiously bestowing upon her was sending tendrils of electricity through her body.

Taylor calmly breathed out, her heart racing. She was almost certain that her heart rate was going a million miles an hour, and that her heart was sure to leap from her chest at any moment. Once the bell rang Connor stood up and bowed slightly to Taylor taking her hand in his large one and kissing it. "Until I see you again, which I am sure will be soon." He said and then nodded, picked up his bag and left. Taylor watched him leave, she felt all flustered and found herself very dumb-struck. She packed her things up quickly and then placed the side of her pointer finger on her chin and sat there for a brief moment. "What was that?" She asked herself in a hushed tone and then finally got up to get ready for her next class.

(( AN: I know I promised an update on His Trust Her Betrayal, but I've been working on this one for a few weeks and I would desperately like your input. I promise I'll update H.T.H.B. tomorrow but either way please either message me of leave a comment.

Much Love and Peace

XOXO

Shorty))