Chapter 2

-Connors POV-

I am 23 years old and I've known this all my life. I've known that I would have to wait for my mate. See I've known her since I was just 5 years old. I met her as a baby and I knew instantly that she was mine. I watched her grow up into a fine young woman, and I could only admire her from afar. Our packs very wise Shaman told me that I would have many obstacles over my life time, but none would compare to taming my mate. My mate would be strong, fierce, and love would be the furthest thing on her mind. I knew that today was her first day of school and I wanted to be there with her. I wanted to finally 'officially' meet her for the first time.

When I walked in through the door of the class room I saw her, she was sitting at her table feverously jotting notes down, either in her note book, or typing on her computer. She heard my name; I could tell by the way she stopped writing and the way her ears swiveled ever so slightly towards me. I smiled seeing her reaction and then took a seat next to her. She of course seemed so disinterested, but I could woo her. I wanted to woo her. I had had my fair share of women, but she was different. Powerful, controlling, and she could see right through a liar's soul. I wanted her. And I got what I wanted. Well...okay not always, but most times I did. Taylor was a no nonsense type of woman, and that exactly the way I preferred my women. Those silly women who were anywhere between their late teens and mid twenties sometimes acted like they were just too immature for my tastes. My demon inside howled constantly for Taylor and there wasn't a thing I could do about it. I loved her and I wanted to spend every waking moment I possibly could with her.

Since I had known that Taylor was my mate, I could hardly keep away from her and I wanted to spend all my spare time around her. I was happy when I found out that we would be attending the same grade school together, but then the school officials had to go and separate us in Junior High school, then I got to see her for one short year, my senior year, her freshman year. I wanted so badly to court her but knowing her parents I knew that they wouldn't allow me to try and court her before hand, even if I was her mate. Her parents were very strict, but that in reality was the life of an alpha.

-Taylor's POV-

I felt happy, not the pride of 'a job well done' happy, but like a secret type of happy. I had met a very handsome and dashing guy in class today. He seemed familiar somehow, like I had seen, or met him in a dream some time ago, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. The feeling was gnawing at her. She stepped into her house only to be greeted by her father. "Good afternoon Princess. How was your first day of the rest of your life?" He asked. Taylor loved her father he was a kind man with a full head of darker chestnut hair and handsome steel eyes. She had inherited her sharp nose from her father, and her heart shaped face she got from him as well. "Hey daddy! It was fine. " Taylor said shrugging and then setting her book bag down in one of the chairs and pulled out her European History book. "Homework already?" Her dad asked taking a drink out of a clear tall glass full of milk. "Yeah...well kind of. The professor wants us to get 'acquainted' with the first couple of chapters." She said leaning back in her chair and grabbing an apple in the fruit bowl on the counter and biting into it. Taylor put her right foot up on the edge of her seat and began reading through the large and heavy text book.  

About half way through the chapter, her own demon started to claw at her. Her demon had started to act strange since they had met Connor. It was almost as if her demon knew...he was...her...NO! No! No no!!!!!! Taylor's father seemed to look at his daughter with worry. "Sweety, is there something you want to tell me?" He asked his forehead creased with worry. Taylor looked down and suddenly realized her hand was clutched to her chest. "No, no!" She said trying to sound reassuring, and failing. "Honey I know that smell. I know you've found your mate." He said taking a seat near her. "But I don't want a mate!" She cried out flinging her right forearm over her eyes in a very immature and dramatic fashion. "Taylor, having a mate is a wonderful thing! You'll enjoy it. And to be honest, it's time you found, and move in with your mate." He said arching a large and heavy eye brow. "Daddy! I don't want to be with someone else." She sighed all exasperated like. Taylor stood up and closed her book after scooting her chair in. "I'm going on a run. I'll be back in a while, just a few miles." She muttered and then watched as her father nodded and looked over a news paper. Taylor leapt out of the kitchen door immediately changing into her wolf form. Her fawn colored fur easily blended into the surrounding forest area.