E I G H T E E N

You were waiting at the airport for your flight to be called. You were immensely thankful that you didn't have to share a long ride journey in a car with Kendall, like the one from five years ago, because that would have led to unexpected consequences that you didn't even want to think about. Instead, sharing a 8 hour flight seemed plausible since you could sleep and not talk at all but you still were terrified of what could happen on this trip. You were pretty aware of what happened on your last trip with Kendall and repeating the same story again wasn't part of your plans this time.

Olivia was by your side, checking that you weren't forgetting anything, just like a concerned mom. You rolled your eyes at her but you knew that she cared for you as much as you cared for her. Kendall was eyeing you both suspiciously as your weird relationship with your boss wasn't a complete secret to her. Two days ago, she had asked some curious questions about your relationship status, which you had successfully avoided, but since then, she had been definitely studying you both. Olivia had decided that it would be healthy to take some time apart; she sensed that since the photographer walked back into your life again, it had affected you in someway. Since she had shown up, you hadn't touched Olivia the way you had three weeks ago; you had avoided her lips more than once, lips that were craving yours and that were willing to caress every inch of your skin. But you felt that what you actually needed was her friendship right then.

"I'm sorry," your boss whispered so Kendall wouldn't hear. You glanced up at her, confusion settling on your face. Olivia avoided your eyes and you gulped. What had she done?

"For what?"

"If I tell you, you won't get on that plane," she mumbled and you furrowed your eyebrows, trying to think what could possibly be so bad for you to decide not getting on a plane.

"What is it, Olivia?" you asked sternly, getting impatient.

"I can't—"

'Passengers of Flight United 721, arriving at Fiumicino Airport, Rome, please have your boarding pass and identification ready.'

"Please, promise you won't get mad at me," Olivia begged, finally locking her warm brown eyes with yours.

"I can't promise you anything," you sighed. "But I'll try," the girl was suddenly hugging you and hiding her face in the crook of your neck. She was really sorry, you could tell. But, what for? You couldn't stop mulling over the countless scenarios in your head. Had Olivia talked to Kendall about you? Had she told her to back off or had she told her that she might have a chance?

"Y/N," Kendall called. You looked at her while Olivia was still engulfed in your arms. "We need to get going," you nodded, slowly breaking apart from your boss and grabbing your bags.

"You and I will have a serious talk when I come back," you told the girl before heading to the corresponding gate. Olivia nodded, knowing that she had fucked up and that you would have to discuss all of this later.

"Trouble in paradise?" Kendall asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Kind of."

"Your girlfriend looked like a kicked puppy," she mentioned and you restrained yourself from rolling your eyes. She did look like a kicked puppy though but that wouldn't make you simply forgive her. You still didn't know what she had done but it had to be a very bad thing.

"She's not my girlfriend," you clarified, annoyed by the assumption.

"Are you sure about that?" you didn't answer and just kept walking. You heard Kendall sighing, most likely tired of her attempts to make a conversation with you.

...

The photographer was busy reading a book whose name you hadn't quite made out. She was surprisingly quiet and it was bothering you her silence. You thought it was due to something Olivia had said to her and that was why she wasn't talking. You didn't want to succumb to the thoughts of what could have possibly gone wrong. That was why you decided to grab your laptop and continue writing your articles for the magazine.