F O U R T E E N

You woke up with the feeling of a warm familiar body pressed tightly against yours. Memories of last night flooded into your mind and you smiled happily at everything that happened. After eating pizza, while being completely naked in bed and laughing like two teenagers, you two had passionately continued with your previous activities. It was still early but you wanted to get up and take a shower so you could start your day. You gazed at the dark-haired girl who was peacefully sleeping, her arm was wrapped loosely around your waist and her face was on the crook of your neck, tickling it every time she breathed. You couldn't help but kiss her forehead and then you tried to, silently, get out of bed. However, Kendall's arm tightened instinctively around your waist, not letting you go anywhere.

"Where are you going?" she mumbled sleepily against your neck. You felt a ton of butterflies on your stomach as you imagined this happening every morning of your life.

"To shower," you informed while interlacing your hands together and kissing her knuckles. She groaned and buried her face deeper in your neck.

"Why don't we stay here all day?" she suggested and even though the idea tempted you, you also wished to visit some places that you wanted to cross off your list.

"I'll tell you what," you turned around, your eyes traveling to her brown sleepy eyes that were narrowing because of the excessive light on the room. "We drive to Colorado Springs, which takes us an hour or so, we spend the morning and afternoon there and we come back to the hotel and then I'm all yours," you suggested hoping she'd agree. She pouted and you chuckled at her face before pecking her lips tenderly. "Also, we can save time and water by showering together, if you want."

Instead of saving time and water, you ended up taking more time in the shower and not saving water at all as things got heated quickly there. Even though everything was amazing right now, you were afraid of what Kendall thought of all this. You used to think things ahead and also felt the necessity to label your relationship somehow. You weren't friends but you weren't girlfriends either; you had feelings for her, deep feelings, whereas about her feelings, you were still unsure. She did felt something though but you weren't aware if those feelings were as deep as yours. You decided not to think things ahead for this one time and just enjoy the moment. After showering together, you both headed to have breakfast in the hotel. Both of you had silly lovingly smiles on your faces as you ate in silence. However, the sudden buzzing and ringing of a phone interrupted that comfortable silence. You frowned because it was Kendall's phone and not yours; since you had started this trip with her, never, not even once, her phone rang. But now it was ringing and she appeared to be as puzzled as you were. Kendall checked the caller ID and knitted her eyebrows in confusion.

"It's my sister," she informed, her voice trembling. "She never calls me unless..." she trailed off. You were anxious. This didn't look good at all.

"Unless what?"

"Unless something bad's happened," the dark-haired girl glanced up, looking at you worriedly.

"Pick up," you encouraged, feeling your heart beat faster as Kendall answered the phone.

"Hello?" you heard her say. Her face grew in concern and she started to nibble her thumb, something you learned she did when she felt nervous. "I— Okay. Yeah," her voice croaked. Not knowing what they were talking about or what was going on was driving you crazy. But it seemed, so far, like there was some bad news. "I'm in Denver right now but I'll take a flight as soon as possible," Kendall stated as she glanced at her watch. "Okay, take care. I'll be there. Love you too."

"What happened?" you asked concerned as soon as she ended up the phone call. You were worried.

"My grandma, she, uhm, she had a heart attack. The ambulance is taking her to the hospital right now," she said in a trembling voice. Kendall wasn't crying but seemed over all shocked. "She was having breakfast with my mom and then she felt a sudden pain in her chest. She was lucky the ambulance got there in time. I really need to go, Y/N. I don't know what to do, I'm so fucking nervous."