'Dream'

Marco:

Clear sky

The first thing I see is clear sky

I know I’m dreaming but I’m not scared or panicked, I’m chilled.

I’m lying flat on a road. I get up and look around. On either side of the road is just yellow dry knee tall grass for as far as the eye can see.

The road is the same in both directions, endless. Just a road in the middle of nowhere, trust me to get lost while I dream.

 "Lost are you?" says a voice from behind. I turn around and an old white bearded man in green with a wooden staff is standing there besides me. "Are you lost boy" he says again.

"Yes" I say lazily, "can you show me the way to go".

The old man smiles. "yes I can traveler, go down that way along this road until you get to a door marked 5, as in the number." he points down the road behind me and I turn to go.

"Thank you sir, may you have a good day" I say as I turn my head around to wave back.

"No worries" he replies, "I’m always ready to help travelers, for I am the god of them". Before I could say anything he quickly adds, "oh and don't leave the road no matter how tempting it might be" he then fades out and disappears.

I walk in the direction that the man had said to go. How would I be tempted to leave the road, it’s nothing but dry grass for miles and miles around. I keep walking on and on and on and on but nothing changes. Nothing changes and it seems like I’ve just walked for hours.

Suddenly I hear something, "don't break, you will hold here, you will stand firm" I look over to my left and I see Jono and the rest of the squad taking on some weird creatures. They were almost like the satyrs but these creatures were half man and from the waist down half horse. The squad was in what is called a phalanx formation, they stand three or more rows deep with whatever men long, then they lock shields and all point theirs spears out like a giant walk of metal. The other creatures were throwing rocks, spears and using arrows while others were coming in and ramming the squad.

"We need someone to help us" screamed a solider within the phalanx as slowly the phalanx begins to break apart.

I run straight to the edge of the road and stop. The old guy told me not to leave the road. I begin to turn away but Jono spots me. "Marco form up and help us out, we need someone to take them out"

I suddenly feel torn between help me friend and doing what that old man said. I really want to help them; I didn't think anyone could get hurt in a dream.....wait I’m dreaming, so that means that they aren’t really in trouble. I turn around and begin to walk away.

"Marco we need your help, otherwise we'll...” he didn't get to finish the sentence, one of the creatures charged and rammed straight through the phalanx, instant chaos. As people tried to get up the creatures galloped in and slaughtered them. People were screaming in pain and agony, I closed my ears and started to run, slowly at first but then faster and faster.

I kept going like this for a while; I couldn't hear anything but I could still see things. As I ran I almost stopped another four times, other people were either in need of my help or things that normally I would of not passed up were just on display. I just kept running and didn't stop till I got to the door, well I ran into it really. A giant wooden door labeled with a number 5 engraved on the top. I take a big breath and place both hands on the black handle.

"Here we go" I say out loud and twist the handle. The door opens to bright light, so bright that I have to cover my eyes with my hands. It gets brighter and brighter.......

I awake in my dorm, in my bed.

What was that about?