Darkness and Demi-God Light

Marco:

Black, pitch black and utter darkness. That was the cave. I wish I could tell you more but I could only see where the light of my torch touches.

From what I could see the walls, the ceiling and the floor of the cave were charcoal black. I hadn't run into any monsters yet but every so often I heard something move behind me. I would turn around with my torch to see it but nothing was every there.

I don’t know how long I have been down here but one thing is for sure, no one will find me (that’s mostly because I don’t even know where I am). I walked and walked and walked, and I got nowhere, just lost even more. All the walking makes me tired to I decide to sit and take a nap.

                                                                  (some time later)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

That the hell was that.

GRRRRRRRRR

That sounded closer, shit I think it’s a monster. I pick up my stuff and run, torch in my left hand, my sword in the other. Behind me I hear something starting to give chase. This was such a bad idea.

I sprint down the corridor, tunnel, cave path whatever I just ran. Behind me I could hear something big chasing me, how did I know it was big. The ground souk a little every time its feet hit the ground. Pant pant pant, so.....tired....must escape, the tunnel had no turn offs, no other way to travel except straight in front of me. No other way ex.... oww, I trip. I pick myself up of the ground and listen out for the monster but I couldn't hear anything now where is that torch. I can’t see it the light went out.....wait....O shit the torch broke.... fuck.

I look around me at the wall the cave ceiling and then back the way I came from, what the fuck did I trip on. Behind my right foot was a stone tablet. I walk to it and look closer. it’s got writing that’s been chiseled on the front,.

"Beyond this point of Darkness Dread"

"Is the Cradle, the Hideous, the Darkness Bed"

"If you can Pass this Perilous Cave"

"Without being Scared or Set ablaze"

"Or even Eaten by the Monsters abound"

"Then you have a Chance at the weapons of Shadows"

"But beware this Warning and Turn back"

"Because there is something that you lack"

"You can’t touch the Weapons or even See them"

"No magic from a God or knave"

"Can rescue what has been laid"

"The only thing that can Resurrect the Weapon that is your heart’s Desire"

"Is the hands of the Shadow, The hands of the Darkness prowler"

"Only one person has such hands"

"The hands of a God and knave"

"So unfortunately you will have to Retrace your steps"

"And I guess you should Retire from this horrible trip"

What the hell does all this mean? Is this the stone that marks halfway? Sweet I’m halfway to the centre and halfway away from everyone else. Now just to keep walking, wait this cave was pitch black before. How can I see everything let alone read what was on the stone tablet? I look at my hands, my sword and my shield. I can see them all fine. I can see them even better than in the day. That’s not possible unless..... Great, my powers are that I can see in the dark. How bloody wonderful.